REC: Over-The-Top Cheescake, Literally TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
For Mother's Day, The men of our church have been asked to provide a cheesecake for a luncheon which will honor mothers after Sunday services. To that end, my eldest daughter and I got together today to make up a couple of cheesecakes. We wanted them to be extraordinary. Unfortunately, I couldn't find my cheesecake cookbook, but rememberd the recipe fairly well. The desert came out amazing and I can't wait to offer it tomorow.

Take one Key-lime pie, and top it with a creamy-smooth cheesecake and you will have an idea of what we did. But it's more complicated than that. But it's a beautiful thing, and so pretty (my daughter has my camera and so I can't get a picture of it). I wrote down the recipe and technique. I'm sharing it. This is not a recipe for beginners, and does take some time. It's also not an inexpensive desert. But it is well worth the effort. And so, here is my offering for Mother's Day. And you mother's out there, give this to your husband, or oldest children, or whoever you can get, and have them bake on up for you.:chef:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Over-The-Top, Lemon-Lime--Cheescake Desert

This desert is comprised of a standard Graham Cracker crust filled with a lemon/lime.key lime custard and is topped with a very rich and creamy, home-made no-bake cheesecake. All of this is granished with fresh strawberriesthat are mashed with sugar. Sprinkle on a touch of cinamon to complete the desert.

Graham Cracker Crust
2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 cup Butter -- melted

Lemon-Lime-Key Lime Pie Custard Ingredients:
2 cans Sweetened Condensed Milk
¼ cup Key Lime Juice
¼ cup Lime Juice
½ cup Lemon Juice
8 Eggs

Preheat the oven to 425 F.
Combine the crust ingredients, mix compltely, and press into a 10 inch springform pan until the sides and bottom are evenly covered. Place into the hot oven and bake for seven minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool while making the filling. Reduce oven heat to 350 F.

You will need three mixing bowls for this next part. Seperate the eggs and place 4 of the yolks into 1 of the bowls. Place the other four into a second bowl, with all of the whites going into the third bowl. Save the the egg whites for making pancakes, or add to egg-drop soup.

Add 1 can of condensed milk to one bowl, and the other can to the other bowl. Combine the key lime, and lime juice and pour into one of the bowls. Add the lemon juice to the other bowl. Stir each bowl with a baloon whisk until everthing is combined and smooth. Add a bit of green food coloring to the lime mixture to liven the color.

Alternately pour the two mixtures into the graham cracker pie crust, swirling into pretty patterns. Place the pie into the oven and bake for twenty to twenty-five minutes. To insure that the custard is completely set, test with a toothpick. Insert it into the pie and then remove it. If it comes out clean, then the pie is done. Remove from the oven and let cool.

No-Bake Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
4 – 8 oz. pkgs. Cream Cheese
4 packets Knox Unflavored Gelatin
2 cups Heavy Cream
1 cup Sour Cream
2 cups Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract

Heat the cream until it just starts to boil. Reduce the heat so simmer and add the gelatin. Stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Place the cream cheese into a microwave safe bowl and heat on the hightest setting for 1 minute, or until the cream cheese is soft. Add the cream.gelatin mixture to the bowl. Be careful not to splash the hot milk onto yourself Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed and very smooth.

Pour the cheesecake filling over the lemon/lime pie filling. Place the pie into the refrigerator and let cool for at least 3 hours before serving. If you want, you can garnish this pie with lemon and lime zest curls, or with fresh strawberry slices. You can also spread your favorite pie filling over the top, or whipped cream. But however you serve it, this one is a winner.

From The Kitchen of Bob Flowers

Sounds wonderful, G'weed. I'm a real cheesecakeaholic and have a separate section in my recipe file devoted solely to cheesecake.:wacko:

But, are you trying to kill us? Seriously, though, it sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing.

I got the chance to actually taste the cheescake today. With that experience, I have to alter the recipe. Reduce the amount of gelatin to 3 packets rather than four. The texture wasn't exactly rubbery, but was a bit like the texture of a cooked egg-white. People raved about the desert, and I have to agree that the flavors were perfect together. But the texture of the cheesecake filling needed to be just a bit more creamy. Reducing the gelatin should make it perfect.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Your killing me Goodweed :LOL: :pig: Your recipe sounds Irresistible!

I can't be trusted, left alone, with a big cheesecake - so thought I would share some minis I made with cherry pie filling & choc chip cookie dough. (Be sure to enlarge the pic, lol):

Recipe: Cheesecake Cookie Cups - NESTLE VeryBestBaking.com - Very Best Baking

Seeing you are as big a cheesecake fan as I am, wanted to pass this along.

Recently I watched this video from America's Test Kitchens for a Lemon Cheesecake, topped with Lemon curd & made with heavy cream (as I recall). The crust was unusual, as it was made with animal crackers. Looks like it took all day to make the cake, but definitely worth a watch:

America's Test Kitchen TV OnDemand

But, Wait! There's more!!! :LOL: While your over there, there is another video for blueberry pancakes -- and a few new tricks (lemon juice etc. - don't want to give it all away). Hope you enjoy. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom