Recipe for a Napoleon pastry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nantrud

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone. I am new here and know very little about cooking. Napoleon is one of my favorite desserts, so I was wondering if anyone has a delicious recipe that they would be willing to post so I can try it out. Thanks!:)

nantrud said:
Hello everyone. I am new here and know very little about cooking. Napoleon is one of my favorite desserts, so I was wondering if anyone has a delicious recipe that they would be willing to post so I can try it out. Thanks!:)
Nantrud,
I've not made napoleons, but I believe the base is puff pastry..You can pick up the puff pastry at any good sopermarket..I think if you google you can then find a recipe for the filling and putting them together..I'll look see what I can find and let you know. I hope one of our members who bake often will come along in the mean time to help you.

kadesma

If you'd like to attempt making your own puff pastry, then you deserve praise for being a brave soul. However, I've found that making it from scratch, while it can be rewarding, is rarely worth the hassle, because the already-made puff pastry you can buy in the frozen section of your supermarket is often of comparable or better quality than a home cook can achieve on a regular basis. It only costs about $4 a package I believe, and you get a decent amount of the stuff.

puff pastry is what i usually use
but sometimes i want to do individual, free-form, lighter napoleans, i use phyllo

i just take one sheet at a time spritz it with alittle melted butter (not much) then sprinkle with sugar (reg sugar, sugar in the raw, cinnamon sugar, lavender sugar, vanilla sugar, sugar processed with hazelnuts, etc) then fold the phyllo into random square shapes
bake
then do a free form stack
(be gentle) but much faster
last longer and more interactive

i have done a napolean bar at my last house party and had various cream fillings (chocolate, vanilla), mascarpone, fresh and roasted fruits, toasted coconut, etc....

it was a hit!

Back
Top Bottom