"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 04-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #21
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Philly Cheese Steak Pies

Cooked up some minute steaks and chopped up the meat, then I put cut up red and yellow bell peppers and red onion in the pan the meat was in and cooked until just tender. Next I cut out the circles for the top and bottom crusts out of sandwich bread and buttered the outside of each piece.
In each pie I piled in meat, peppers, onion, and mozzarella cheese. They cooked about seven minutes I think. You could use whatever you have on hand. I am sure you could use any bell peppers, and some would say you should use cheese wiz or some other kind of cheese, but like I said I used what I had in the house.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #22
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Pizza Pies

Hamburger
Chopped Onions
Chopped Pepperoni
Mozzarella Cheese, grated

Mix all together in bowl with marinara sauce to moisten. Preheat pie maker, place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom, add bottom crust, 1/3 cup of pizza mix, add top crust and top parchment paper. Close and bake until top is golden.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #23
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

PF's Spicy Beef Pies

Spicy Beef Pies

2 pounds of ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
3 tablespoons jalapenos, seeded and diced
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tsp yellow curry powder
2 tablespoons flour.

1 recipe of Pie crust for tops and bottoms

SautÚ onion and jalapenos in 1 tablespoon each Grapeseed oil and butter until onions are soft. Stir in the soy sauce, add in the ground beef and cook til done. Taste for seasoning. Sprinkle over yellow curry powder to taste, we used 2 teaspoons. Sprinkle over about 2 tablespoons of flour, stir in and allow to thicken. Allow to cool before making pies. 1/3 cup filling each. Bake about 10-15 min.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #24
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Spinach and Bacon Quiche

8 ounces spinach, wilted in bacon grease and drained
╝ pound of bacon cooked and crumbled
4 eggs whisked with 1/2 cup half & half, sea salt and fresh ground pepper and a grind of nutmeg
4 ounces Swiss cheese, grated

Lined the bottom cups on the preheated pie maker with puff pastry. 2 ounces of spinach in each, topped with grated Swiss (about 1 ounce each), ladle in the egg mixture and baked until set with the lid down, about ten minutes, top with the bacon crumbles 10 minutes in.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #25
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Chef Munky's Boys - Taco Pies

These were made with leftover taco fixings.
Can use tortillas for crust or Pie crust.
in bottom crust layer in:
taco meat seasoned already
then taco sauce
spoon of refried beans
put in chopped onions
put in chopped black olives
added fiesta cheese
top crust
(they were full too)
baked 8 min for tortilla crust and 10 min pastry crust
Old 04-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #26
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Toasted Raviolis

Toasted Raviolis

my own pasta recipe. They will be 4x4" Large I know. Used the bottom crust cutter for the base and tops. But hey they're good and who wants to get up anyways for seconds.

Once the dough is rolled out, pieces are cut. Set them aside.

I made the filling using cooked Hot Italian sausage, cooled and set aside.

Basil, Parmesan cheese, mixed in with Mozzarella cheese.
Set it aside.

In a medium sized bowl I had some seasoned up bread crumbs. Kosher salt, Paprika, Parmesan cheese, fresh ground pepper.

In another bowl whip up 4 large eggs.

Preheat the pie maker

Take the bottom piece and brush on the whipped eggs. Add the filling and cheese. Place the tops on and seal them up good.

Dip them in the egg mix, then the seasoned bread crumbs. Place them in the pie maker.
It will take about 15-20 minutes to get a nice golden color top and bottom on them. They will puff up just a bit while cooking.

I made about a dozen (Don't hold me to that, wasn't paying attention to the count, impossible to do with them getting grabbed up and eaten)
Old 04-23-2012, 04:50 AM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Very nice, Princess!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
8 ounces spinach, wilted in bacon grease and drained
╝ pound of bacon cooked and crumbled
4 eggs whisked with 1/2 cup half & half, sea salt and fresh ground pepper and a grind of nutmeg
4 ounces Swiss cheese, grated

Lined the bottom cups on the preheated pie maker with puff pastry. 2 ounces of spinach in each, topped with grated Swiss (about 1 ounce each), ladle in the egg mixture and baked until set with the lid down, about ten minutes, top with the bacon crumbles 10 minutes in.
The Swiss Chard 4 cheese tart I made on the weekend could be adjusted to be similar to these. I'm going to try it using the same pastry I used for the tart yesterday. Not today, but next weekend.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #29
Master Chef

These recipes look amazing! What kind of pie maker are you using? The only pie maker I've ever used was cast iron that you put in the campfire!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #30
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

We (some of us) have the Breville Personal Pie...we need some new blood in these threads, I'm running out of ideas to toss in a pie shell...lots of dessert pie recipes on another thread.

Tags
recipe, tips, pastry, pies, savory

Savory Mini Pies - Tips, Ideas and Recipes Today was the first chance I've had to try this beauty out. I made 2 separate crusts. Butter puff for the top. And a regular pie crust for the bottoms. They took about 15 minutes to cook. Made a Chicken pot pie, and a Chile pot pie's loaded up with cheese. The portion was a bit much for me. Couldn't finish one. Between the filling and crusts, they were rich tasting, a great combination of doughs. Very filling. The pie maker was a breeze to use. Simple clean up. Cooked evenly. The only thing I wish It had come with is something non abrasive to lift the cooked pies out with. When they were finished cooking they were heavy. These are not the light banquet frozen pies. When pressing the dough shell into it. I found that dipping the cutters into flour helped it from sticking to the dough. Other then those minor things. It's a great versatile product. Munky. [IMG]http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv316/waxmunky/DSC_0421-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv316/waxmunky/DSC_0422-1.jpg[/IMG] 3 stars 1 reviews