Savory Mini Pies - Tips, Ideas and Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Savory Italian Sausage Sammiches

How's this for being on it like a Hobo on a Ham Sammich?

Made a few of these using left over Grilled Italian Sausages. Long B-Day weekend. Too much food. Nice to get back to normality again. My house has been a rockin' ;) Our youngest turned 18. WOOT! That's my guy! We really did it up for him. He still doesn't get my car. :ROFLMAO:

Roasted Roma Tomatoes, Onions, fresh Garlic and a little bit of olive oil. Oregano, Basil,Kosher Salt, fresh ground Black Pepper. Mozzarella cheese.
Sliced white bread.

Using the top cutter cut out the bottom and top.
slice up the Italian Sausage into thin slices.

Add the bottom crust to the pie maker, use the pusher to get that bad boy snuggled in good!
Add a few pinches of Mozzarella Cheese, Italian Sausage, top it off with the Roasted Tomatoes. Add a little more cheese.
Top it with the top piece of bread.

Bake them about 10-15 minutes until they are to you liking in color. These were baked for 12 minutes.

LUNCH TIME! Eat up!!

img_1181326_0_f8a1469eb08294744eff89bd5aab150a.jpg

img_1181326_1_9625efcb74af7bc390dba07522b8894d.jpg

Munky.

OMG! Munky!!! Those look fantastic! I am just shy some sausage, mozzarella. bread, tomatoes, onions...

I just finished reading all 14 pages of this fun post! (while DH sleeps in this AM), collecting recipes in a computer file.

Great recipes, thanks everyone! I might consider a Breville....my hubby LOVES pies of all sorts, and it seems a nifty packet to eat.

Hamburger
Chopped Onions
Chopped Pepperoni
Mozzarella Cheese, grated

Mix all together in bowl with marinara sauce to moisten. Preheat pie maker, place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom, add bottom crust, 1/3 cup of pizza mix, add top crust and top parchment paper. Close and bake until top is golden.

I love the sound of this one :)

I know the dates on these posts are older but hopefully still get looked at. I have a question regarding the mini pies. I just purchased the mini pie baker and cannot wait to use it. My question is can you make pumpkin pies in it? I've never made a pumpkin pie but. . . .

Yes, you can make pumpkin pie in them.

Welcome to DC.

There is also a Sweet mini pie thread.

Yes, you can make pumpkin pie in them.

Welcome to DC.

There is also a Sweet mini pie thread.

I knew you would answer this one. I was going to as I vaguely remember someone make a quiche in their pie maker. But I wasn't really sure. Another senior moment. :angel:

I don't usually eat leftover fish. However, we didn't eat all the salmon fillets yesterday (there were 5). So I took the other 3, patted them dry, dipped them in flour, then in buttermilk, then in a mix of red curry sauce+a bit of ketchup+olive oil and then in panko bread crumbs, pan fried them in 1/2 butter, 1/2 olive oil. I'm think salmon mini pies with a whole wheat crust....a cream sauce, some capers...baby carrots....thoughts?

I don't usually eat leftover fish. However, we didn't eat all the salmon fillets yesterday (there were 5). So I took the other 3, patted them dry, dipped them in flour, then in buttermilk, then in a mix of red curry sauce+a bit of ketchup+olive oil and then in panko bread crumbs, pan fried them in 1/2 butter, 1/2 olive oil. I'm think salmon mini pies with a whole wheat crust....a cream sauce, some capers...baby carrots....thoughts?

The whole wheat crust would not be my choice, but the filling, absolutely. My mother used to make creamed salmon. And I loved it. How about some peas in there also. They would add more color. :angel:

The whole wheat crust would not be my choice, but the filling, absolutely. My mother used to make creamed salmon. And I loved it. How about some peas in there also. They would add more color. :angel:
My whole wheat pastry is to die for--very light and flaky. I prefer it over my AP pastry. I have frozen peas from the garden--was thinking of adding those. I was thinking of adding some diced tomato as well since I still have tomatoes up to my....but, I might end up with more filling than pastry...I guess I could always make more pastry. Would you blind bake the bottom crust for a bit before filling them?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom