Savory Mini Pies - Tips, Ideas and Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Forgot to say when saute mushrooms have to start with a little bit of oil. And yes it does taste good if you are a mushroom fan. But even my wife who doesn't like mushrooms and would not normally eat them likes it, though I do chop mushrooms really finely for her, even put thru food processor sometimes and people like it.
Thank you.

I will add a sprinkle of garlic...

Mine should arrive early next week. I'm pretty excited to make cute "Bento" pies. (Yes, PF, your bento reference is what sold me along with pictures of what has been made by others!) :w00t2:

What took you so long? Your seat has been on reserve for a while now.

Welcome to the cult. :D

Munky.

Someone a while back mentioned I should be getting a commission...Of course, i will have to share with Munky!

Someone a while back mentioned I should be getting a commission...Of course, i will have to share with Munky!
Write Breville and let them know there are three threads with a zillion recipes and page sfter page of tips, re: the little beast. Heck, the cult could test-drive recipes if Breville pays for the ingredients!

That's right Babyyyy, share the pie wealth.. Now we can all get pie eyed and be happy. :-p Make me a pie... Beeee haaapyyyy.. Lol!

Munky.

What took you so long? Your seat has been on reserve for a while now.

Welcome to the cult. :D

Munky.

Honestly, it is my hidden secret. I have never made a good pie crust. :ermm: I'm a bit nervous about that. The filling is no worry at all. :) But....BENTO-sized pies......I have to do it. ;)

Yes, I ordered my via Amazon. I'm waiting for it to arrive.

YAY! Someone else who can learn with me!

+1. Oh happy day!!
Another one-eyed, one horned purple people eater!:ohmy:

YAY! People who do not realize they just became mentors. :LOL:

Write Breville and let them know there are three threads with a zillion recipes and page sfter page of tips, re: the little beast. Heck, the cult could test-drive recipes if Breville pays for the ingredients!
good idea!
Think we could make enough to have a DC pie party? Wow, what a shopping trip that would be.

PFFTS, if we are going to write a letter, we ask them to sponsor a Breville Mini-Pie Cook-Off which will include submitted recipes (that get posted here) and finalists are chosen (by them.) Then the finalists and judges (Judges will be us) get flown and hosted by Breville to Australia (as that is where Breville is based, I think) for the bake-off judging. Yep, that works. ;)

Last edited:
Honestly, it is my hidden secret. I have never made a good pie crust. :ermm: I'm a bit nervous about that. The filling is no worry at all. :) But....BENTO-sized pies......I have to do it. ;)

PFFTS, if we are going to write a letter, we ask them to sponsor a Breville Mini-Pie Cook-Off which will include submitted recipes (that get posted here) and finalists are chosen (by them.) Then the finalists and judges (aka this group) get flown and hosted by Breville to Australia (as that is where Breville is based, I think) for the bake-off judging. Yep, that works. ;)

Perfect for the pie crust deficient...get the store bought or puff pastry or crescent rolls, biscuits...

I knew there was a reason I have curried your favor...you think the better than me.:)

Perfect for the pie crust deficient...get the store bought or puff pastry or crescent rolls, biscuits...

*stops breathing into a bag as she considers this* That is good to know. :yum:

I knew there was a reason I have curried your favor...you think the better than me.:)

Hey, the idea is to get recipes and an awesome yearly vacation where we can all get-together. I'm just outcome-based and goal-oriented. Plus...it *would* be seriously awesome. Win-Win-Win. :)

So it isn't kitchen gadgets by the pound? :cool:

You can never have too many. I can always buy another cabinet. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom