Savory Mini Pies - Tips, Ideas and Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not that adventurous. Actually, I'm just too lazy to experiment. I'm sticking with what works and using you all for my test lab :innocent:
I made cherry pies yesterday. Thanks to all of you, they came out great and we ate them up ;)

My heavenly days!

I found your forum while searching for mini pie recipes and I must say, I am impressed! I realize this discussion is a little old but wanted to chime in anyway and say thanks for all the awesome ideas.

And now I'm off to read ... :chef:

My heavenly days!

I found your forum while searching for mini pie recipes and I must say, I am impressed! I realize this discussion is a little old but wanted to chime in anyway and say thanks for all the awesome ideas.

Welcome to the cult of the Purple Pot Pie Purveyors. This thread never is too old. I am assuming you have a mini pie maker. We look forward to any new recipe you have and wish to add to the collection. :angel:

Chef Kat said:
My heavenly days!

No one will ever complain when someone brings the pie threads back to life. It just makes us all want to make more of those cute little pies in our wonderful pie makers!

My heavenly days!

Welcome to the funnest part of our forums...all the pie lovers hang out here. Waiting for more ideas to percolate or writing down the ones that churn up when we are trying to fall asleep.

I'm going to try baked Mac n Cheese with Ham this weekend. No crust.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Welcome to the funnest part of our forums...all the pie lovers hang out here. Waiting for more ideas to percolate or writing down the ones that churn up when we are trying to fall asleep.

I'm going to try baked Mac n Cheese with Ham this weekend. No crust.

Yummy! Why didn't I think of that?! That is what I have you for, to do my thinking! Thanks PF!

Well, I have all that leftover ham and Mac n cheese is always good. Individual MNC with Ham to take to work is the next step. :)

PrincessFiona60 said:
Well, I have all that leftover ham and Mac n cheese is always good. Individual MNC with Ham to take to work is the next step. :)

Mac and cheese with the leftover ham is my favorite way to use it up!

They look so yummy gonna try for sure! Did you use parchment paper on bottom and tops too on these?

How's this for being on it like a Hobo on a Ham Sammich?

Made a few of these using left over Grilled Italian Sausages. Long B-Day weekend. Too much food. Nice to get back to normality again. My house has been a rockin' ;) Our youngest turned 18. WOOT! That's my guy! We really did it up for him. He still doesn't get my car. :ROFLMAO:

Roasted Roma Tomatoes, Onions, fresh Garlic and a little bit of olive oil. Oregano, Basil,Kosher Salt, fresh ground Black Pepper. Mozzarella cheese.
Sliced white bread.

Using the top cutter cut out the bottom and top.
slice up the Italian Sausage into thin slices.

Add the bottom crust to the pie maker, use the pusher to get that bad boy snuggled in good!
Add a few pinches of Mozzarella Cheese, Italian Sausage, top it off with the Roasted Tomatoes. Add a little more cheese.
Top it with the top piece of bread.

Bake them about 10-15 minutes until they are to you liking in color. These were baked for 12 minutes.

LUNCH TIME! Eat up!!

img_1239243_0_f8a1469eb08294744eff89bd5aab150a.jpg

img_1239243_1_9625efcb74af7bc390dba07522b8894d.jpg

Munky.

Only on the top to keep the edges from burning. When they are about 3/4 done, remove the paper so the edges can brown as well as the top crust. PF is the one who came up with the parch. paper. Bless her big heart! :angel:

OK on these Savory Italian Sausage Pies, another quick ?, may be a silly ? too. For the Roasted Roma Tomatoes did you roast them before hand or just sliced and they get roasted in the pie maker with other ingredients?

OK on these Savory Italian Sausage Pies, another quick ?, may be a silly ? too. For the Roasted Roma Tomatoes did you roast them before hand or just sliced and they get roasted in the pie maker with other ingredients?

Sliced and roasted before, with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. It helps get most of the water out of them before using in the pies, also concentrates the flavors,

Sliced and roasted before, with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. It helps get most of the water out of them before using in the pies, also concentrates the flavors,

THANK YOU for such a quick response. I will be making these later today. The guys say they sound yummy hope mine turn out yummy lol :)

It's not a silly question. Some of us roast tomatoes in various ways.

Mine for that recipe were roasted in the oven. Fold the tomatoes, onions and spiced together in a bowl drizzle just enough olive oil over the top to coat.
Baked @350 until the onions were tender.

If you want another short cut, it's actually worked out to be easy and quicker. ( I have no patience at times) No more burnt lips from biting into a hot slice of sausage. Found that trick out the hard way.You could also after roasting the tomatoes chop them up before adding it to your sammich. The boys might like it better that way.

Cook the Italian Sausages in a small saucepan with a dash of olive oil to keep it from sticking. Cook it until it crumbles. Set it aside until your ready to use it.

You know I think this recipe will be my dinner tonight. Thanks for the reminder.

Munky.

Okay, I have some mashed potatoes and meatloaf left over. Thinking of doing something with them in the pie maker. Has anyone ever done a crust with mashed taters? I'm thinking of adding egg and flour like I would for potato pancakes and instead of frying them, use them in the pie maker with some meatloaf in the center and maybe some cheese on top of the meat. If anyone has done something like that, let me know of any problems you had with it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom