"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 02-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
Master Chef

Snip's Pumpkin Fritters With Cinnamon

We love pumpkin in my house and I always make pumpkin fritters or flapjacks with the leftovers. Enjoy!

2 cups of cooked mashed pumpkin (Any pumpkin, butternuts work great too!)

1/2 a cup of all purppose flour

1 tsp of baking powder

pinch of salt

2 eggs whisked

1 tsp of lemon juice (optional)

veg oil for frying

Cinnamon sugar for dusting

Mix pumpkin, flour, baking powder, eggs, and salt well. Add lemon if using.

Heat about 2 tbsp of veg oil in a non stick pan. Add spoonfulls of batter to the hot oil (as with making blinis). Wait for bubbles to form on the surface the turn with a spatula. Cook till brown on the other side. Drain on kitchen paper and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.

They are also good with a bit of butter and syrup instead of cinnamon.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cinnamon, pumpkin, recipe

Snip's Pumpkin Fritters With Cinnamon We love pumpkin in my house and I always make pumpkin fritters or flapjacks with the leftovers. Enjoy! 2 cups of cooked mashed pumpkin (Any pumpkin, butternuts work great too!) 1/2 a cup of all purppose flour 1 tsp of baking powder pinch of salt 2 eggs whisked 1 tsp of lemon juice (optional) veg oil for frying Cinnamon sugar for dusting Mix pumpkin, flour, baking powder, eggs, and salt well. Add lemon if using. Heat about 2 tbsp of veg oil in a non stick pan. Add spoonfulls of batter to the hot oil (as with making blinis). Wait for bubbles to form on the surface the turn with a spatula. Cook till brown on the other side. Drain on kitchen paper and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. They are also good with a bit of butter and syrup instead of cinnamon. 3 stars 1 reviews