Spiced Apple Crisp Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jusnikki

Head Chef
Spiced Apple Crisp Pie

Dough:
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut up
2 tablespoons shortening, chilled, cut up
3 to 4 tablespoons ice water

Filling:
6 cups sliced peeled granny smith apples
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
2 teaspoons lemon juice (I use fresh, it makes a difference)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Topping:
1 Cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled, cut up

Pulse 1 1/3 cups flour, 1 tablespoon sugar and salt in food processor until combine. Add 6 tablespoons butter and shortening; pulse until crumbs form with some peas size pieces. With processor running, add 3 tablespoons of the water; process until dough starts to form, adding additional water 1 teaspoon at a time as needed. Shape into flat round, cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled.

Place oven rack in lowest position. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 12 inch round. Line 9 inch deep dish pie pan with dough. Trim overhang to 1/2 inch, fold under and flute edges.

Combine all filling ingredients in large bowl. Spoon into crust.

Beat all topping ingredients except butter in large bowl at low speed. Beat in 3/4 cup butter until crumbly. Spoon over apples, pressing gently to adhere.

Bake 15 minutes. Reduce over temp to 325 degress F. Bake 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown, apples are temder and bottom crust is brown. Cool on wire rack.

I was thinking this was the one with maple syrup but as I was typing it out I noticed it wasn't. It's still good though, lol. Now that I think about it, it may have been a bread pudding....hmmm, I'll have to find that one. It's slap ya' momma good!:)

Back
Top Bottom