Strawberry Pie- TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
This is my favorite strawberry pie in the world to make & eat!!

3Tbsp. strawberry gelatin
1C. sugar
3Tbsp. cornstarch
pinch salt
1C. water
3 drops red food coloring(optional)
3C. sliced strawberries
1 baked 9-inch pie shell

Combine gelatin, sugar, cornstarch, & salt to make a paste with 1/8C of the water. Boil 7/8C. of the water & gradually add the paste, stirring constantly to prevent lumping, Cook until thickened. Cool for 2 hours. Arrange sliced strawberries in pie shell. Stir food coloring into cooled glaze if desired & pour over strawberries. Cool completely; chill. Top each serving with whipped cream.

Copying and pasting! My dad and I love strawberry pie. I don't like being at the mercy of the grocery store waiting for them to carry the strawberry pie gel in their produce department so this recipe is a wonderful replacement!

The gel you make from scratch is so much better than the store stuff. I have a recipe at home for Shoney's strawberry pie. Really yummy!

This sounds like it, I can verify after I get home. I think it makes 2 pies.

SHONEY'S STRAWBERRY PIE
1 baked pie shell
4 cups sliced strawberries
1-1/2 cups water
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 small box strawberry gelatin
1 container of cool whip

Place strawberries in the cooked pie crust. Mix water, sugar and cornstarch in a pan and bring it to a boil. Boil while stirring for 2 minutes until it is thick and clear. Remove from heat and add the gelatin. Stir well until dissolved. Pour over the strawberries. Chill until set. Spread cool whip to serve.

Oooh, and it's almost strawberry time here in the lowcountry! I'm determined this year to do some preserving and freezing; was too near the move last year to even think about it!

OK, never had strawberry pie. I think I will try it this year though. Think this might look pretty for Easter dessert.

Ok found my recipe. It is a little different than the one posted earlier.

1 3/4 c water
1 3/4 c sugar
1/4 c cornstarch

The rest is the same.

Back
Top Bottom