TNT: Pina Colada Cream Puff Pastry Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

urmaniac13

Executive Chef
This is what we did with some of the very ripe pineapple we got this past weekend, aside from the delicious meatloaf.

350g(12oz) circa puff pastry sheet

For coconut custard
2 tins of coconut milk (425ml/15oz x 2)
2 eggs
80g or 4 tbsp of sugar
30ml/1oz rum
20g / 2 tbsp flour
just enough milk to dissolve the flour

300g fresh pineapple, chopped
coconut flakes, enough to cover the surface

to prepare the coconut custard,
whisk the eggs
whisk the flour in just enough milk (about 1/4 cup) until dissolved
Put together all the ingredients for the custard in a double boiler, heat it until the mixture thickens, stirring often.
(If double boiler is unavailable, use a thick sauce pan with very low heat, stirring constantly)
Let it cool.
grease or arrange a wax paper over a pie form, about 27-28cm (11in.)
spread the puff pastry sheet evenly over the pie form
poke some holes with a fork at the bottom, then place a sheet of a wax paper and line it with pie weights or dried beans
pre bake the shell in a preheated oven at 225°C/450°F for about 10 - 15 minutes, or until the edge starts to take on the golden colour
Fill the shell with the cream, top with the pineapple chunks, then with the coconut flakes
Put it back in the oven for another 15 minutes circa, until golden brown.

I am NOT a dessert person - I just despise when people put this much pressure on me to convert me :LOL:

Dang urmaniac!!!!! I am copying this now!!!!!!!!

Diet, what diet:LOL: All resolve is gone, I gotta have some of this...Looks so good Urmaniac..Thank you.

kadesma:)

WOW- This looks amazing-I might have to plan a dinner around this for this coming weekend!!!!!You're the best!!!!Love and energy, Vicki

Thanks guys!!:) Yeah I am really patting myself on the back for coming up with the coconut custard idea. I was poking my head into the pantry and those extra tins of coconut milk just caught my attention!!:-p Coconuts and pineapples are always wonderful together!!
And yes, when you got something this good, heck with diet... you only live once!!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom