Triple Layer Eggnog Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
This one is from Keri C, one of my bbq cooking bubbies. Made it yesterday, and it was gone quickly! The employees and the customers both raved over it. You may want to add it to your holiday menu/cookbook.
It's yummy and oh so easy!

Triple Layer Eggnog Pie

10 KRAFT Caramels
1 cup cold milk, divided
1 ready-made Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.)
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1 cup cold eggnog
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP, thawed, divided

Place caramels and 1 Tbsp. of the milk in microwavable bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds or until caramels are completely melted when stirred. Pour into crust; sprinkle with pecans.
Pour remaining milk and eggnog into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. (Mixture will be thick.) Spoon 1-1/2 cups of the pudding over pecans in crust.
Add half of the whipped topping to remaining pudding; stir until well blended. Spread over pudding layer in crust; top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Store leftover pie in refrigerator. How to toast nuts:
Spread nuts in single layer on baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted.

I'm thinking of making it and just using 2 cups of eggnog, instead of 1 cup eggnog & 1 cup milk.

What do you guys think?

Raine said:
I'm thinking of making it and just using 2 cups of eggnog, instead of 1 cup eggnog & 1 cup milk.

What do you guys think?

As I'm a huge egg-nog fan, that sounds about right to me. However, I would be using home-made eggnog sweetened with Splenda, and sugar-free pudding. Oh to be young and have a perfectly working body again. But I think it was all that food I ate that helped make me diabetic. No, come to think of it, I know it was all that food I ate.:rolleyes:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Pie update: I made 2 pies, usinf 2 cups of eggnog. Everyone liked them and commented on it being a rich pie. Right now there is another one in the walk-in, but today I made it according to the recipe. I want to see if it is still as rich or a little lighter. as I recall the first one.

Made another pie, using 1 cup milk and 1 cup eggnog. I do think this pie is a little lighter and not as rich as using the 2 cups eggnog. Either one is good, just depends on how rich of a pie you desire.

Mmmm...thought the eggnog snickerdoodles were yummy but this sounds even better. I'll have to try it soon.

Does anyone have a good eggnog recipe? They will quit selling it in the stores soon. Why not eat it all year long?

Raine,
This is our Mexican version of eggnog. It's also called "rompope". Enjoy.

Ingredients:

4 egg yolks
6 cups of milk (2% or whole for creamier taste)
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of almonds
rum as desired

Procedure:

Soak the almonds in boiling water and peel them. Liquify the almonds in a little milk until smooth. Boil the milk and add the sugar and liquified almonds. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon or spatula until thickened. Remove from heat. Whip the egg yolks with the rum and add them gradually, stirring constantly, until well mixed with the milk. Chill and serve in a glass container.

Of course you can omit the almonds and substitute for nutmeg and vanilla extract for the traditional American flavor.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom