What do you do with leftover pie dough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sparrowgrass said:
I carefully roll out the leftovers, cut them into strips, sprinkle them with coarse vanilla sugar or cinnamon sugar, and pop them in the oven with the pie. I then promptly forget about them til I take the pie and the blackened strips out of the oven. I have always done it that way. :ROFLMAO:

Lol! Sparrow, mine are often blackened as well!

I carefully roll out the leftovers, cut them into strips, sprinkle them with coarse vanilla sugar or cinnamon sugar, and pop them in the oven with the pie. I then promptly forget about them til I take the pie and the blackened strips out of the oven. I have always done it that way. :ROFLMAO:

I accidently burnt a batch of sugar cookies once. The flavor was reminiscent of burnt marshmallows on a stick, when we were kids, toasting them over a campfire. The flavor wasn't half bad; so I made it into a recipe that I call, can you guess it, burnt marshmallow cookies. I don't get asked for the recipe very often, even though it's pure comfort food for anyone who has watched marshmallows all ablaze on the end of a stick, and then eaten them.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I accidently burnt a batch of sugar cookies once. The flavor was reminiscent of burnt marshmallows on a stick, when we were kids, toasting them over a campfire. The flavor wasn't half bad; so I made it into a recipe that I call, can you guess it, burnt marshmallow cookies. I don't get asked for the recipe very often, even though it's pure comfort food for anyone who has watched marshmallows all ablaze on the end of a stick, and then eaten them.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Can children still do that? :ohmy:

Do they have to wear a helmet? :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom