What Is Your Favorite Pie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is Your Favorite Pie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
buckytom said:
yes, recipe please, licia.

i've heard about them so many times, but have never had one.

will smith's grandma makes the best ones on "the fresh prince of bel air".
yes, i watch too much tv... :wacko:

Watch too much TV? You WORK in TV! :-p

Sweet Potato Pie is good, if you like pumpkin pie, you'll like sweet potato pie. (At least I do...)

John

This is the recipe my grandma used for sweet potato pie. It tastes so much like pumpkin pie I have a hard time telling them apart.

SWEET POTATO PIE
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. cooked & mashed sweet potatoes
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 c. milk
2 tbsp. butter
1- 9" unbaked pie shell
Mix first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in sweet potatoes. In a seperate bowl, mix eggs, milk and butter until well combined. Add to sweet potato mixture & stir until combined. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 400F for about 40 minutes or until the filling is set.

Thanks, Crewsk, for posting a recipe. I don't make them. My mom makes them, but I really like pumpkin better - it tastes a bit more earthy (not a good description, huh). I suppose one of the reasons is that I've eaten so many sweet potatoes as veggie it never seems right to be a dessert, too.

I'll defer to Crewsk for a recipe, since mine consists of getting in the truck and driving to the bakery to buy one... :angel:

John

crewsk said:
This is the recipe my grandma used for sweet potato pie. It tastes so much like pumpkin pie I have a hard time telling them apart.

SWEET POTATO PIE
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. cooked & mashed sweet potatoes
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 c. milk
2 tbsp. butter
1- 9" unbaked pie shell
Mix first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in sweet potatoes. In a seperate bowl, mix eggs, milk and butter until well combined. Add to sweet potato mixture & stir until combined. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 400F for about 40 minutes or until the filling is set.

Thank you, Crewsk. This is the kind of no-nonsense recipe I like...without a whole bunch of ingreds tossed in - i.e. good food.

Last edited:
Y'all are very welcome! I don't really care for pumpkin or sweet potato pie so I don't make them. My grandma gave me the recipe because she thought I would be the most likely of her grandchildren to make it.

(sniffing the air) Sweet potato pie? mish, you must have some, and right away! Kinda like pumpkin pie, only a little different. When I lived in Memphis, there was some lady who was a friend of one of the word processors who made and sold SPPs for five bucks (also apple pies). THE best!

(notice that I don't have the recipe, but I betcha could find one from Paula Deen some'eres.)

I gotta go with fruit pie as my first love, then cheescake, then a custard pie, like pumpkin. I also like those frozen cream pies that my Dad used to get from the grocers frozen food section.

My all time favorite fruit pie is apple with a lattice top covered by dollops of soft caramel. Second to that is a tie between strawberry/rhubarb, and blueberry.

But I adore most pies. Teh only one I've had that I don't care for is mincemeat.

If you throw pizza, pot pies, meat pies, and pasties in, well then we could go on and on and on.

And I swoon for a great key-lime pie as well.

Ya know, I don't think I have a true favorite. There are so many excellent pies out there. I really like too many flavors to be able to pick one as my all time favorite.

I think you could throw liverwurst into a pie and I'd eat it (of course I like the stuff).

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I always seem to end up eating a lot of humble pie, what category would that fit into? :-p

Personal favorite is Blueberry.

John

Let's see, pumpkin, pecan, cherry, peanut butter,or derby, apple, cherry or peach crisp. I also like turkey pot pie, but it is a loose or boiled pot pie that does not have a crust nor is it baked. It is a good way to use the leftover turkey.

apple pie reigns supreme in my book(my own apple pie, that is), followed a short but respectable distance by:
- home-canned mincemeat
- pumpkin using japanese kabocha squash (less watery than pumpkin)
- any kind of fresh berry pie filled to overflowing
- rhubarb (wish i could get some here)
- cherry

truth is, unless the crust came from a box or the filling from a can, i've never met a slice of pie yet that i've refused. :rolleyes:

:) Not a big pie fan but I do like pecan,boysenberry,cherry,lemon merinque,love pumpkin,chocolate,and especially fresh strawberry.OK! Maybe I do like pie.But for sure Im not crazy about apple pie but I like apple strudel

my favorite pie are any kinds of cream pie's. "Chocolate double dutch fudge cream pie with whipped topping." YUMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Think I'll start melting the chocolate.(lol).

Apple, peach, cherry, blackberry, sweet potato, pumpkin, cheese cake, chocolate cream, coconut cream, and lemon meringue. Any kind of cobbler or strudel.

Back
Top Bottom