What is your favorite pie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wasn't impressed with the impossible coconut pie either, but my kids enjoyed it. What were your modifications? The one I made reminded me of a chess pie that was too dense.

I'll give the original ingredient list first, then my modifications:

2 Cups Milk
1 Cup Sugar
4 eggs
1/2 All Purpose flour
6 T. Butter or margarine
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
1 Cup coconut.

My ingredients list:

2 Cups Whole Milk
3/4 C. sugar (or less)
4 eggs
1/2 whole wheat flour
2T. to 4T. butter
2 t. vanilla (use your good stuff)
1/2 t. salt
1/2 Cup coconut (or less)

It is really important to use whole milk, real butter and real vanilla to get the best flavor in this pie.
Instructions are to blend everything EXCEPT the coconut, in a blender for 10 sec. stop, another 10 sec. Add coconut, blend another 2 seconds. Pour into a buttered 10 inch pie pan, bake at 350*F for 50 to 55 minutes.

Rhubarb ... and don't try to sneak any strawberries or glaze in there either. Nice and tart please.

Ok, number one - two crusted apple pie, followed closely by an apple pie with a lattice crust on top, followed by Dutch apple pie, followed by key lime, then any berry pie, especially wild blueberry, and after that, as long as it has no mint, I'm good.:chef:

I even love meat pies made with cubed potatoes, cubed rutabegga, onion, sliced carrot, and ground beef. And there are so many variations on that theme, including filled with pizza toppings.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

It's very hard to say. I like all kinds of pies. My favorite savory pie is the pork pot pie I made. The second favorite savory pie I've had is chicken pot pie. As for sweet pies, I've already made hits with my apple pie and pear pie. Coming soon: banana pie (no, NOT banana cream pie, but a baked two-crust pie filled with banana wheels, prepared in a similar style to an apple pie, cherry pie, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom