"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries
Old 11-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #11
Master Chef
Like Goodweed, I love'em all, but apple was my first love, so it's #1, I guess.

We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
my fave. is lemon made using eagle brand pie. then probably pumkin. not really a fan of the apple, etc.

"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #13
Master Chef
Now the pie is really an American thing. Not that we did not have similar things in Russia, but really not the same and definitely it was not nearly as popular. So to me it’s all new. I had to learn to like pies. My wife I have to say makes really good pecan-chocolate pie, apple pie and some others. I also have had really awesome pies in restaurants and other places. But I have to tell you Sam’s club used to carry this frozen apple pie buy and bake at home kind of deal. It was really out of this world. Unfortunately they do not anymore. When I tasted it first time, right in the store I think I was just standing near the lady who were giving out the taste until I ate probably the whole pie. It was absolutely amazing, ah too bad they do not carry it anymore….
You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #14
Executive Chef
Site Moderator
Coconut cream and Key lime are my absolute favorite. When in Key West, I beeline for Kermit's Key Lime shop and get a slice with whipped cream.

I do love apple and peach too.
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #15
Head Chef
pineapple/coconut pie
PattY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:33 PM   #16
Certified Pretend Chef
Pies, I love pies. Pies are my favorite dessert. There isn't one pie. There is all pies.

I love fruit pies. Blueberry is tops with apple and cherry close behind. All with two full, shiny, golden, brown crusts. No crumbles, lattices, please.

I love pecan pie. The sticky, gooey sweetness contrasted by the soft crunch and flavor of the nuts. Mmm!

Key lime pie, tart and in a real crust, not graham cracker.

Lemon meringue, wow. A puckeringly tart filling and a golden mountain of meringue on top.

The orange-colored trio of pies - pumpkin, squash and sweet potato. Creamy, custardy, melt-in-your-mouth goodness flavored with spices from far-away lands.

Cream pies! Pudding in a crust with whipped cream! Chocolate, banana, strawberry... can you think of a bad one?

Chiffon pies! Light airy goodness with fruit flavors.

A thick New York style cheesecake topped with a thick, chunky fruit topping. (yes, it's a pie by definition).

Shepherd's pie, chicken pie. Not dessert but PIES!

Ok, Ok, twist my arm and I'll admit I don't really care for rhubarb...

...but strawberry is great.

Drooling on the keyboard, gotta go get me some PIE!
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #17
Master Chef
Constance and Andy, and any of the rest of you like us; I think there are a few of us that should just give up on the "What's your favorite" category. I think it's safe to say that we've had, tasted, or made too many really good things to have favorites anymore. I mean, how do you pick which is your favorite of the probably hundreds of deserts that you love, or what cut of beef, when most of the, well all of them, if properly prepared can be made to taste not only good, but extraordinary. Same with cakes, pastries, meats, veggies, etc. I only have one thing that I know is an absolute favorite of mine, and that is a strange one, milk. It's my favorite drink of all time.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:02 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
When my mom was alive every birthday I got lemon meringue pie, I loved it now I have another fav, coconut cream one or the other love them both.
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #19
Senior Cook

Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
Is there such a thing as a bad pie???

Rhubarb is great!
hhahhaha...nice reply....yep, rhubarb is awesome
Mexican Food
mexican mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #20
Senior Cook