What is your favorite pumpkin pie recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicacarr

Senior Cook
Pumpkin Pie Lovers: Check this out!

You obviously love pumpkin pie as much or more than i do since you chose this link.
I originally labeled it 'what is your favorite pumpkin pie?',
and there were a few good responses.
But my hope was/is for this thread to be a spot where all pumpkin pie lovers post their recipe(s),
so we can have a place to choose from recipes in abundance on DC.
So, Pumpkin pie lovers, men and women alike, let's have some fun with this DC resource!
:w00t2: :clap: :punk: :bounce: :dizzy:
DC rocks!
(me...a grown woman saying this!) :wacko:

Last edited:
I hate to admit it, but I really like the one on the Libby's can of plain pumpkin! (although I add more spices)

Mom's!

See attached, which is at least 50 years old.

By "canned milk," she meant evaporated milk.

BTW, the pecan pie recipe is pretty good, but she loved the recipe from Dear Abby! I'll post it when i can find it.

Attachments

• Pumpkin Pies.pdf
    64.8 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
I love Eagle Brand Milk Deep Dish Pumpkin Pie:chef: ...
I make that every year for my Son.....He always tells me You better make 2 Mom, cuz one is all mine!!!

Servings: Makes 8 to 10 servings
Serving Size: not available
Nutrition: not available
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes

Ingredients
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup cold butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
1 cup chopped nuts
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin (2 cups)
1 (14-ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, combine flour and sugars; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Reserving 1 cup crumb mixture, press remainder firmly on bottom and halfway up sides of 12x7-inch baking dish.
In large bowl, combine pumpkin, EAGLE BRAND®, eggs, cinnamon, allspice and salt; mix well. Pour into prepared dish. Top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 55 minutes or until golden. Cool. Serve with ice cream if desired. Store leftover covered in refrigerator.

What a doll you are!

Fryboy, what a doll you are that you would share such an heirloom! I will definately try it simply because it was offered in format of 50 year old handwriting!
THANK YOU :)

Eagle brand makes everything better!

eagle brand...DEFINATELY a good idea! thanks!

My recipe is as basic as the rest with a few subtle changes. I used light cream instead of evaporated milk. I combine brown and white sugar instead of all white sugar, and I add 1/3 cup of rum:ROFLMAO:

VeraBlue said:
My recipe is as basic as the rest with a few subtle changes. I used light cream instead of evaporated milk. I combine brown and white sugar instead of all white sugar, and I add 1/3 cup of rum:ROFLMAO:

Wha?!?!? No Kahlua?????? :-p

John

OMG. I have to stop reading threads where VeraBlue posts! Thank goodness I have no kitchen right now. This one is cut and paste for a furture occasion.

ronjohn55 said:

John

Now why would I want to taste coffee in my pumpkin pie??:wacko: But, if you bake me one with kahula in it, I'll happily accept it:kiss:

ronjohn55 said:

John

actually, that sounds just different and interesting enough for me to try!
any suggestions on method in which i could incorporate the coffee flavor into the pumpkin pie?
---even tho u were probably joking.

jessicacarr said:
actually, that sounds just different and interesting enough for me to try!
any suggestions on method in which i could incorporate the coffee flavor into the pumpkin pie?
---even tho u were probably joking.

Add it when you add the milk....

When you serve the pie, put a coffee bean on the dollop of whipped cream too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom