What to do with leftover pecan pie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShellyCooks

Senior Cook
I have several mini pecan pies left over from New Year dinner. The person who brought them made way too many and I hate to throw them out. Unfortunately, the crusts are soft and reheating them did not work. Could I make another dessert out of them --- cookies, brownies, bars, etc.? I can't seem to find anything on the web. Thanks for any suggestions! Happy New Year!

I've never met anyone with leftover pecan pie before! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I agree with the ice cream thing!

I would heat them in the microwave or oven and make a parfait with layers of vanilla ice cream and layers of crumbled/gooey pecan pie!

This is why most of my leftovers go home with the guests. Everyone knows the drill. At the end of the evening, you go into the kitchen and wrap up what you want to take with you.

Try reheating them, out side of the tin, on a wire rack. That should dry out the bottom of the crust. But they will freeze just fine and then do as stated above.

Hmm....never encounter this problem before. Let's think about this....(gears whirring in head)

Ding! What about sticking them in the freezer for a bit, until they are solid enough to cut into squares, then make chocolate cookies, brownies or cupcakes, and stick a big old cube of pecan pie in the center!

Leftover pecan pie is a foreign concept to me too. I like the ideas mentioned, and have successfully frozen other types of pies. I don't care for pie crust, so that's disposable for me, I'd just scoop out the filling!

Last edited:
Pecan pie? You have leftover pecan pie? Never heard of that!:LOL:

Actually, I can't ever remember having leftover pecan pie. However, to carry the ice cream thing a bit further, how about removing the soggy crusts and adding the filling to vanilla ice cream? Voila! Pecan pie ice cream.

How about scooping out the fillings, ditch the crust ( feed the birds, they'll enjoy it as a winter treat ) and mix the filling into Vanilla ice-cream. Put back into freezer and use at will with some Maple syrup drizzled over.

I eat it! Maybe not on the same day----- but there's no such thing as a bad pecan pie as long as it's been kept cold. :LOL:

I've never met anyone with leftover pecan pie before! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I agree with the ice cream thing!

I would heat them in the microwave or oven and make a parfait with layers of vanilla ice cream and layers of crumbled/gooey pecan pie!

Aunt Bea, that is what I was going to suggest.

Love the icecream idea but I would carry it even further and include the crust or some of the crust. Chop up the pie and blend into some softened vanilla icecream. refreeze the icecream. I've seen apple pie icecream and baklava icecream in the expensive end of the freezer section - pecan sounds even better.

You could make a riff on a bread pudding with the pies. Chop them up and add to traditional bread pudding - bake. Yum.

How about a dessert souffle with chopped up pecan pie?

Last edited:
Well done......you guys have some really good ideas.

I bet in the long history of DC, this is the first time this question has ever been asked. Quite a refreshing change from the common questions like "I left a pot of something out overnight, and can I eat it?" :LOL:

I have several mini pecan pies left over from New Year dinner. The person who brought them made way too many and I hate to throw them out. Unfortunately, the crusts are soft and reheating them did not work. Could I make another dessert out of them --- cookies, brownies, bars, etc.? I can't seem to find anything on the web. Thanks for any suggestions! Happy New Year!
I, er, could, umm, send you my address if you like....:angel:

Last edited:
Hmm. Remove the crust, melt some butter, chunk up crust and fry it till crispy, then add to whatever, ice cream, pecan goop, caramel sauce.....

You guys and gals are great! I love all of your ideas! I'll be trying pecan pie ice cream and bread pudding. I feel good about not wasting these mini pies. I'm still LOL at some of your comments!!! Thanks to everyone for such creative ideas!!!

Back
Top Bottom