what's your favorite pie?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Audeo said:
Buckytom, I knew I had a recipe somewhere...

New England Clam Pie! (From the WAC (Women’s Army Corps) Cookbook, 1952):

For 2 pies:

2 9-inch pie shells, unbaked
2 cups fresh clams, chopped and drained
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium potato, diced
4 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
3 eggs
1 cup whole cream
salt, pepper, sage

Sprinkle pie shells with clams, onion, potato, and bacon, dividing equally.
In a bowl, beat together eggs, cream, and seasonings.
Pour over mixture in pie shells.
Bake at 375 for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown.

thanks a bunch, audeo. i think i'd leave out the clams and just put more bacon in, lol.

#1 Lemon Merengue
#2 Banana Cream
#3 Hot Peach Pie/vanilla icecream

blueberry pie is my favorite. i love my Mom's pumpkin pie, too. and quiche, too.

I see Raine has answered your question about Saskatoons. They are smaller than a blueberry and sweeter. Man are they good. I have heard someone tell me they are a bit like a marionberry. Although I have never had a marionberry to compare the two.

First would be blueberry, second rhubarb (without strawberries), and the third mixed berries with raspberries, marionberries, boysenberries and blackberries. If savory pie, shepards pie.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

Coconut Cream, Apple, Cherry, Pecan, and not necessarily in that order. Preferably warm, with a scoop of ice cream, or at least whipped cream. Sometimes I'll go for a Peach Pie.

What is your favorite pie??

Blackberry. My brother and I used to pick blackberries by the bucketful that grew along the rice patties in the Sacramento Valley. I always used to request a blackberry pie for my birthday. My next favorite is coconut cream.

SC :)

I never had a "snack before bedtime" tonight... but if I had a some apple pie, I would warm it up in the microwave and add a scoop of ice cream.. I think that would be easy on my throat.. but I don't have any ice cream.. and no pie made. :cry:

i fav pies is chocolate macadamia cream pie, reg choc cream pie, chocolate haupia pie....these pies come from the best bakery in hawaii

Thanks for asking buckytom,
he is doing great. The visiting Nurse just left and lectured him again about smoking. She can get away with it..if I do it I am nagging..He is healing beautifully, still looks like it hurts but due to Military Training he "sucks" it up and won't admit it. You can believe I would admit it! Not that anyone would listen..Just picture an older version of Robert Mitchem..I fell in love with him first..LOL then when I was a young and impressionable girl (151/2) I fell for Paul because he was just like Robert. LOL
Marge

Back
Top Bottom