3, 2, 1 Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not having much clue how or why baking ingredients react with one another, I'm a bit timid about experimenting with this cake. Here are two that I thought were successful:

1. substitute one tablespoon with whole milk.
2. melt well three chocolate chips in microwave first.

The latter takes maybe two and a half minutes. Then thoroughly mix. I suppose chocolate syrup would work, too. One should add some guilt to one's pleasures, yes?

Not having much clue how or why baking ingredients react with one another, I'm a bit timid about experimenting with this cake. Here are two that I thought were successful:

1. substitute one tablespoon with whole milk.
2. melt well three chocolate chips in microwave first.

The latter takes maybe two and a half minutes. Then thoroughly mix. I suppose chocolate syrup would work, too. One should add some guilt to one's pleasures, yes?

The eggs in the angel food act as the egg for the regular cake mix. This is such a fun cake. I appreciate it because in stead of buying or making a whole cake, we can just mix a one serving when we wish.

I'm sending my mom a bag of the premix, with instructions :rolleyes:

It is such a great idea!

My mom bought a box of white angel food & white butter cake mix, mixed them together in a gallon-size ziploc bag, and then stuffed it in her suitcase to take back to Japan.

I was very worried she would be detained and questioned at Customs. :rolleyes:

My mom bought a box of white angel food & white butter cake mix, mixed them together in a gallon-size ziploc bag, and then stuffed it in her suitcase to take back to Japan.

I was very worried she would be detained and questioned at Customs. :rolleyes:

Going through customs/security with a large bag of white powder, that could be interesting. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

PrincessFiona60 said:
Great idea for inexpensive Christmas presents...thanks!

Hmm. Hadn't even thought about that! Mason jars with cute covers, with chocolate, white cake mix, with or without chips and nuts...college kids, seniors...

Thanks PF!

Aunt Bea said:
Going through customs/security with a large bag of white powder, that could be interesting. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Make sure you use the cocoa powder.

Ok.. so I just tried this. I needed to mix it better. I used a ramikin for it and I think it needed another few seconds in the nuke-a-rator.

I put some in Kathleen's lunch with destructions.

Twas ok for a quick snack type thing.

I used Ducan Hines mixes... devil's food.

FrankZ said:
Ok.. so I just tried this. I needed to mix it better. I used a ramikin for it and I think it needed another few seconds in the nuke-a-rator.

Yes, you need to mix it to death, then mix some more. I like it a bit shy of 60 seconds, and in a coffee cup.

:w00t2::wub:

Especially some of the places that I work. Just before Christmas I came back from Colombia... Unmarked bags of powder in my bags could have been a bad idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom