3, 2, 1 Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
3, 2, 1 CAKE

I got this in an email, so thought I'd share.

These individual little cakes are amazing
and ready to eat in one minute! They are perfect
for whenever you feel like a treat without all the fat
and calories that cake can have. Genius idea!

INGREDIENTS:
1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
1 box Cake Mix - Any Flavor
Makes 1 serving.
(Keep reading)
DIRECTIONS:
In a ziploc bag, combine the two cake mixes together
and mix well. For each individual cake serving, take
out 3 Tablespoons of the cake mix combination and
mix it
with 2 Tablespoons of water in a small microwave-safe
container. Microwave on high for 1 minute, and you have
your own instant individual little cake!

KEEP remaining cake mixture stored in the ziploc bag
and use whenever you feel like a treat! You can top
each cake with a dollop of fat free whipped topping
and/or some fresh fruit, or ice cream sauce, or....

Helpful Tips:
This recipe is called 3, 2, 1 Cake because all you need
to remember is
"3 tablespoons mix,
2 tablespoons water,
1 minute in the microwave!"
TRY various flavors of cake mix like carrot, brownie mix, pineapple,
lemon, orange, etc. Just remember that one of the mixes has
to be the angel food mix; the other is your choice.
The flavor possibilities are endless!

NOTES:
The best thing is, you open both cake mixes into a gallon
storage bag, one that 'zip locks' or 'self-seals', or a
container that seals tightly, shake the two cake mixes to
blend and then make the recipe. Storage of mix is simple,
put it on a shelf. No need to refrigerate, since the mix is dry.
Always remember, that one of the cake mixes MUST be
Angel Food. The other can be any flavor.
The Angel Food is the cake mix that has the eggs whites
in it.

Good recipe :) That will work well when my youngin wants a piece of cake and 1/4 of the cake gets eaten.. the rest thrown!

OK, here's the deal. I don't want to recommend something without doing a test. I went to the store today and got a box of Angel Food cake mix and a box of Carrot cake mix. I also got a can of whipped cream cheese frosting.

I combined the two cake mixes in a zip lock bag and followed the 3-2-1 directions in two small bowls and then topped the cakes with some frosting.
We liked we had some sweet dessert with no effort and no waste.
Drum roll.........it's a winner.

I'm with FrankZ. Whenever I see a recipe which starts with: "one box of..." (anything), I turn away, don't read it. But I'm strange that way.

Another way for me to gain weight in the blink of an eye! :ermm::ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO:

:LOL: Yeah really kayelle.. thanks a lot :pig: :ROFLMAO:

I think Ill make a batch of this to keep at work to bribe my patients with. :)

Last edited:
I'm with FrankZ. Whenever I see a recipe which starts with: "one box of..." (anything), I turn away, don't read it. But I'm strange that way.

Same. I picked up on of those Cake Mix Doctor cookbooks at a yardsale, and gave it an honest shot, but box cakes just always have that weird "box" flavor. Like food in technicolor.

I think the recipe is a fine recipe. I have nothing against anyone using a boxed mix, they are convenient and usually easy and good.

I was just making a funny.

I tried the recipe using a dark chocolate pudding in the mix cake mix. Technically it worked just fine but the cake does have the texture of an angel food cake. Great for a quick fix, which is what I want it for but it doesn't really come out like say a devils food cake. Still worth the effort.

You realize that in my line of work I can't condone this at all. Imagine if all my customers got a hold of this my business would be out the window in a flash! I can even see brides going for this instead of wedding cupcakes. And the thought of using mixes? No, this is just not good at all. :mad:

Just kidding! I am trying to find a sweet snack that will help with my cravings and not leave any around for too much temptation! This is perfect, because that little bit of effort of measuring and microwaving makes it not so accessible! And cake mixes? I use them all the time......for cookies that is! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Usually, when we want cake I either make one from scratch or I head to the local scratch bakery and buy one. Trouble is...I just want a taste and Shrek will eat it until it's all gone. Not good for us, I do TRY to help eat it so Shrek doesn't HAVE to eat it all.

I like this idea, it will give me the taste I want and not force poor Shrek to eat a whole cake...

I almost skipped reading this thread, as I am SO not a baker, but this sounds like a winner that even I can make! Thanks, Kayelle!

Joesfolk, you're right, the texture is more like angel food cake.

I failed to mention that Pyrex custard cups are just the right size.

Dawg, I hardly ever bake either.:wacko:

For all you scratch bakers........have at it!! Maybe you can come up with a recipe as convenient as this, and the same idea. :chef:

I did another 321 cake tonight. It's really nice to have just enough cake for one good serving without having to worry about leftovers for days. As I mentioned before I used a chocolate cake mix with the angel food. Tonight when I made the little cake I added about 1/2 teaspoon of cocoa to the mix. It worked great and bumped up the chocolate flavor. Love it.

I often make the "cake mix and soda" type of thing, and since this only calls for water, I wonder if that means I can use something other than soda for that?
Like juice, or .... Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom