3, 2, 1 Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I replaced the water with 2 Tbs. of Meyer lemon juice in my Carrot cake combo.......it was awesome and cut the sweetness perfectly.

If you don't have Meyer juice, I'd use 1 Tbs. lemon juice and 1 Tbs. water.

I currently have a bag of mixed Betty Crocker angel food and Duncan Hines double chocolate with added cocoa powder and a few Ghiridelli chocolate chips stirred in later. Yummmm! I have found nuking a bit less than a minute works too.

Last edited:
I just got the store brand of cake, angel food and lemon cake. It was killer with the lemon juice.

321 cake

did you use the same amount of lemon juice as water?

This would work so well in my travel trailer. No storage of leftover cake and would leave room for smores another night. I just put angel food cake on my shopping list.

I wonder if you could use this to make a personal pineapple upside down cake?

I am thinking a teaspoon of brown sugar, a teaspoon of butter and a pineapple ring in the bottom of the cup then the 3-2-1 mixture on top. :pig:

I may have to put cake mix on the shopping list! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Another great idea! Now I'm kind of sorry that I mixed the angel food with a chocolate cake mix. I think next time I'll do a white cake so I have more versatility with add ins.

Let's see. I used Betty Crocker Supermoist Butter Pecan and store brand angel food. Comes out nicely light and not too sweet. Rises to three times the amount of rather wet mix and water combination.

Pity that we can't share cake mixes. I'd hate to be beholden to just one kind for a long time.

Oh Great! Now I have to go all the way back to page one and read the recipe. I skipped it because it seemed too long. I will have to mark this one for future reference so I can come back to all the different ideas.

Ohemgee, it works! :chef:

Texture with 1 minute is light and airy, more like angel food. I think I'll experiment with an eyedrop or two of oil/butter... I used Betty Crocker. 16oz fat free white angel food mix, and 15.25oz 'super moist' basic yellow butter cake mix. It was okay straight, pretty good with lemon juice. If anyone tries this with either a brownie mix, a dense pound cake mix, maybe even a muffin mix, I'd be interested in a report...

Thanks DC. I've scratched off two of my 2012 Resolutions: to learn how to bake, and to lose some weight.

I know politics is discouraged in these forum discussions, but I'd like to stump Kayelle as a write-in candidate for your state's upcoming GOP Primaries/Caucuses.

What would happen if you substituted 7-up for the liquid in the cake mix?

(would it taste like lime juice?)

No, seriously, I'd like an answer. What happens when you use carbonated beverages in cake mixes?

We all know what happens when you pop the top on a beer and shove it up the ... um ... posterior cavity ... of a chicken, then set that on your barbecue. Really, it works good.And you don't need an expensive cooking tool to keep the chicken standing.

I don't keep sodas on hand, I do keep Lime juice. I'm not sure what the reaction of the baking powder in the mix would do with the carbonation of the soda. Let me check, I have some carbonated waters...

Back
Top Bottom