3, 2, 1 Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only used a tablespoon of mix and a 1/2 tablespoon of Shrek Talking Rain...not any extra fizz and it didn't explode. Now I have to wash another dish:ROFLMAO:

I only used a tablespoon of mix and a 1/2 tablespoon of Shrek Talking Rain...not any extra fizz and it didn't explode. Now I have to wash another dish:ROFLMAO:

Aww I was hoping for an explosion, I even had my popcorn out munching and waiting. :angel:

It was good of you to take one for the team and experiment! :LOL:

I had to know...it's not my first experiment:wacko: I grew up in the chemistry stockroom on campus...with a bunch of crazy work study students and my Dad...

I had to know...it's not my first experiment:wacko: I grew up in the chemistry stockroom on campus...with a bunch of crazy work study students and my Dad...

My brother and I used to experiment by pouring mulitple liquids in the bathroom sink (with the stopper in!) to see what would happen, it's a wonder we didn't kill ourselves with the fumes. :ermm:

My brother and I used to experiment by pouring mulitple liquids in the bathroom sink (with the stopper in!) to see what would happen, it's a wonder we didn't kill ourselves with the fumes. :ermm:

Lemon Pledge, sprayed in the bathtub makes a fantastic brief torch...takes you longer to clean the smoke off the walls than it takes to flame...:wacko::ohmy:

Okay guys, here is another one for you to try. I just did this. Worked well.

3 tablespoons 321 cake mix
1 tablespoon water
Mix well. Spray a flat plate with cooking spray
Spoon mixture into three small piles on the plate. It will be thick. Wet your finger and flatten out the litlle piles. Nuke for 40 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from oven and allow to cool on plate.

There you have it, three cake mix cookies, all soft and fresh from the nuker.
Man I am having fun with this 321 cake.

This would be great for a kid party. Everyone gets to pick their own liquid and add-ins, like chocolate chips, cereal, sprinkles, etc. Prize for the best. Prize for the worst. No birthday cake to make or buy.

GLC said:
This would be great for a kid party. Everyone gets to pick their own liquid and add-ins, like chocolate chips, cereal, sprinkles, etc. Prize for the best. Prize for the worst. No birthday cake to make or buy.

Great idea, GLC!

A sliver of butter, maybe an eighth of a teaspoon, nuked for 15 seconds, enough to melt. Then, 3-2-1. Curiously, it barely inflates/rises, it's just a touch more dense and moist. And, it lifts cleanly off my plastic microwave tupperware for... *gasp* a nice presentation, maybe with strawberries and whipped cream.

So.. my 7 year old hated the cake :glare: I had angelfood mixed with a devils chocolate one and added a few chocolate chips. Maybe I made it wrong because I was really hoping he would enjoy it.

I on the other hand didn't think it was bad at all. It did have a very distinct angelfood cake flavor to it but I love angelfood cake. Open to suggestions if I may have done something wrong ^^ (I followed the 3-2-1)

So.. my 7 year old hated the cake :glare: I had angelfood mixed with a devils chocolate one and added a few chocolate chips. Maybe I made it wrong because I was really hoping he would enjoy it.

I on the other hand didn't think it was bad at all. It did have a very distinct angelfood cake flavor to it but I love angelfood cake. Open to suggestions if I may have done something wrong ^^ (I followed the 3-2-1)
You might try adding 1/2 teaspoon of cocoa...it enriches the chocolate flavor. The angel food texture is still there but somehow it's not as noticeable.

I put a whole bunch of cocoa powder into the baggie. I also find that if you undercook it, like 45 seconds, it is a bit more moist. And frosting!

I'm going to try it with a brownie mix.

Carrot cake with crushed pineapple added would be good too. Spice cake and applesauce! Okay, I have to stop now...

Back
Top Bottom