3, 2, 1 Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The best part was she didn't know what it was, had no clue, but just did what she was told to do in the note, started mixing and thought "that looks like cake" and then stuck it in the microwave and had cake. THEN she got all excited about it.

The best part was she didn't know what it was, had no clue, but just did what she was told to do in the note, started mixing and thought "that looks like cake" and then stuck it in the microwave and had cake. THEN she got all excited about it.

Way cool! A surprise!:)

Well, I also tried mine in a ramekin first and mine did semi explode everywhere, I had a real mess to clean up! :LOL:

Is there something about a ramekin that you shouldn't use one cooking this recipe?

I wonder if ramekins come in different sizes, I could certainly google and check that out. :ermm: Anywho... my batter leaked out of mine, all into the microwave so I had a bit of overflow. :huh:

I wonder if ramekins come in different sizes, I could certainly google and check that out. :ermm: Anywho... my batter leaked out of mine, all into the microwave so I had a bit of overflow. :huh:

Ah! I have 6 ounce ramekins. You need to use one that is at least the volume of a coffee cup.

Ohhhhh!!! Yeah you can get ramekins in all kinds of different sizes. I have a souffle dish about 1.5 quarts that is virtually identical to my approx. 6 oz. dessert ramekins, except for the difference in size.

I'm pretty sure you could use Pyrex dishes of an appropriate size. I have tons of them in various sizes for mise en place but I sometimes cook individual quiches in them too.

Ohhhhh!!! Yeah you can get ramekins in all kinds of different sizes. I have a souffle dish about 1.5 quarts that is virtually identical to my approx. 6 oz. dessert ramekins, except for the difference in size.

I'm pretty sure you could use Pyrex dishes of an appropriate size. I have tons of them in various sizes for mise en place but I sometimes cook individual quiches in them too.

See I knew I wouldn't have to google! Thanks PF and Greg :D

I'm really not that lazy, in case you all wondered, I have a ear infection (they think) and with a huge amount of vertigo and nausea, I haven't sat in front of the computer too long, talk about being miserable....

See I knew I wouldn't have to google! Thanks PF and Greg :D

I'm really not that lazy, in case you all wondered, I have a ear infection (they think) and with a huge amount of vertigo and nausea, I haven't sat in front of the computer too long, talk about being miserable....

I hate ear infections, my sympathies!

3, 2, 1 Cake - Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

I have the same thing, Talk about a pain in the but! Cant move without feeling your going to fall over. Mine seem to hit when the weather changes. HANG IN THERE!!:) Know this doesnt help,but it seems like a lot of people suffer from this.

Last edited:
I have the same thing, Talk about a pain in the but! Cant move without feeling your going to fall over. Mine seem to hit when the weather changes. HANG IN THERE!!:) Know this doesnt help,but it seems like a lot of people suffer from this.

Thanks! you too :)

I hate ear infections, my sympathies!

If you have an ear infection with a pain in the butt then maybe you have a different problem? ;)

Sorry I haven't been well for the last 2-3 days either but I hope tomorrow will be a better day.

I knew when i typed that somebody would have a comment.( smile) Hope u feel better soon Gourmet Greg!!!

Last edited:
I hope U 2 will be better tomorrow. :)

Sorry, sometimes my ironic sense of humor kicks in. It just seemed funny to me a pain in the ear being a pain in the butt. :)

I tried the recipe using a dark chocolate pudding in the mix cake mix. Technically it worked just fine but the cake does have the texture of an angel food cake. Great for a quick fix, which is what I want it for but it doesn't really come out like say a devils food cake. Still worth the effort.

Did you mean 'cake' instead of pudding? This really leaves me confused. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom