A Spin on Chocolate Covered Strawberries
First you need to bake a 1inch thick sheet cake (chocolate or yellow)
1. cut the sheet cake into 1/2 inch squares
2. melt 2lbs of chocolate and beat in scalded heavy cream until smooth
3. on little high rimmed dishes add the cake squares and cover each cake with chocolate completely.
4. top each chocolate covered cake with half a strawberry
5. beat some heavy cream & a little sugar until stiff and pipe a garnish on each dish next to the cake and chill for an hour
This is a great idea just to add some flare to you desert that guest will be talking about on the trip home. If you guys like this one I will give you another idea or two that are similar. I just love to make my deserts in a way that people don't usually see them because it gives that "wow" factor without spending all day making something difficult.