Almond Cakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Almond Cakes

1 cup blanched almonds
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon rose water (optional)
3 egg whites
Vegetable cooking spray

Place almonds in food processor, and process until finely ground. Add sugar and flour; process until blended. Add rose water and egg whites; process until well-blended (the mixture will be very thick). With floured hands, shape the dough into 28 balls, and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.

Bake at 325 degrees for 28 minutes or until crisp on the outside and soft on the inside; cool on racks. Yield: 28 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie).

Notes: The original version of these cookies called for 2 cups of almonds. We replaced 1 cup with flour for a healthier, but still delicious, alternative.

Per serving: 85 Calories; 3g Fat (28% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 7mg Sodium

Serving Size: 28
Preparation Time: 0:15

I have never used rose water, but have been curious about it. In your opinion dailyrecipes, how much of a difference does the rose water make in this recipe. I know you said it was optional, but is it one of those optional things that really does make the recipe a whole lot better? Thanks :)

GB - I use rosewater in my baklava (which I haven't made in a long time) and when you do use it you can taste the difference. I can very much tell when some baklava does not have rosewater.

While it isn't totally necessary it is such a nice, subtle flavor that you will be glad you used it.

Back
Top Bottom