Am I being dim?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah! That isn't what I expected from a coffee cake recipe but Thanks for the explanation GG. So if I want a recipe for Doughnuts........................:LOL:

Well, the cake turned out fine ( with my addition of espresso powder ) and it's given us all a good laugh so it was worth the post I think Eh Guys? ;)

Ah! That isn't what I expected from a coffee cake recipe but Thanks for the explanation GG. So if I want a recipe for Doughnuts........................:LOL:

It's like the teacake which features around my neck of the woods. No tea involved in its making (except for the cook to drink while she's waiting for the teacake to be ready) and it's not a cake at all. It's a yeasted bread roll thing like a bap or a muffin (English variety) which you slice open and toast (optional) and eat with butter and possibly jam!

Or what my mother used to call mock goose which was a stuffed and baked vegetable marrow which had never been near a goose.

:LOL: Thank you for the laugh Menumaker. You just may have created a new recipe. In answer to your question, we all are dim at sometime or other. My favorite word of late has become "Huh?" :angel:

I keep re-reading this thread, it still makes me giggle.

To someone who doesn't live here, of course coffee cake would contain coffee, and tea cake tea. Why else would they name them that?

Last edited:
I keep re-reading this thread, it still makes me giggle.

To someone who doesn't live here, of course coffee cake would contain coffee, and tea cake tea. Why else would they name them that?

Ditto here Dawg. It is funny. Right up there with Cat's reply to toilet paper. Everytime I think of that I start laughing all over again. :angel:

Ditto here Dawg. It is funny. Right up there with Cat's reply to toilet paper. Everytime I think of that I start laughing all over again. :angel:

:LOL: Now I've got the giggles again...and it's your fault, Addie.

Last edited:
About that doughnut recipe, try this. The doughnuts are crazy good.

Idaho Spudnuts Recipe | Taste of Home

I would switch out the canola oil with sunflower, or vegetable oil. But that's just me. I also won't purchase Eggland's Best eggs as they are pricey, and I have a friend who has chickens. I purchase my eggs from her and her husband. Other than that, the recipe is phenominal. Make a couple of dipping sauces for the spudnuts, the classic milk and powdered sugar, butterscotch (milk, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla), maybe a chocolate sauce (milk and powdered sugar with cocoa powder), and any other flavor you might enjoy. You can even combine sugar and cinnamon, and dip the spudnuts in that.

Now you have a doughnut recipe.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom