Angel food cake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
Does it have to be baked in the special dish, or can it be baked in a simple aluminum foil tray. I really do not want to go buy the special baking dish and then never use it again. Please help.

Charlie, angel food cake has to be baked in a high sided pan in a ring shape (tube in the middle) the height is important because they rise a lot and a normal pan wouldn't be high enough to hold it. The hole in the middle provides heat to the middle of the cake so it will cook evenly.

Darn, I was really hoping not to spend any more money. I'm cooking for a shower and the braid asked for angel food cake. We'd never use the darn thing again. Is there some really cheap ones out there? Maybe like a foil kind, or something?

Tube pans are also great for baking pound cakes and chiffon cakes, if you bake either of those a tube pan could come in handy.

So we did borowed couple pans from a friend. Well, cake did not come out anyway. My DW tried, but it was a flop. Not sure what recipe she used, or what she might have done wrong , but she had to throw it away. Oh, well. We served fruits and berries for desert instead. Worked fined. Next time beter luck.

Thanlk you everybody.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom