Ardge's Cheesecake Platter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
Here ya go Ardge! Sorry it took so long! I was trying not to drool on my keyboard while I was posting this for you! :LOL:

cheesecakes.jpg

Crewsk, thank you SOOO much for hosting this! How neato is that?

I found this recipe in a retro dessert cookbok I have. I swiped out regular vanilla with vanilla bean paste and added time for the souflee. These things are a KO punch each and every time.

So simple...

So good....

What you see up there is 3 dozen of a 4 X batch.

Here's the formula that makes 1 dozen, plus a few more.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

16 ounces cream cheese (2 packs)
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 T vanilla bean paste

12 vanilla wafer cookies
12 paper cupcake cup liners

1 large can of pie filling, any flavor

Cream the cream cheese and sugar till fluffy. Add vanilla on slow speed. Add eggs one at a time. Beat on high until the batter gets 1/3 bigger in volume.

While you're waiting, drop the liners in the muffin tin and place a vanilla wafer cookie flat side down in each liner. With a 3 Tablespoon (size 20) ice cream scoop with a swipe release, plop a heaping scoop of batter in each cup, on top of the wafer cookie.

Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes or so. I just made some and pulled them at about 24 minutes. Perfect.

When they are cool to the touch, take them out of the pans and place them on a plate. Drop some filling in the fallen part, like a pool of fruit.

Chill at least a few hours before unwapping. The moisture will be needed for them to be peeled right. This is why you can't use foil wrappers by the way.

Enjoy!

RJ

By the way, thats...

12 Cherry
12 Strawberry
12 Blueberry

The cherry and blueberry toppings are out of a can. I made the strawberry topping with sliced strawberries, lots of sugar, and a few splashes of balsamic vinegar.

yum yum yum.

crewsk, what ones do you want me to send you?

lol

RJ

They went quick, even with more than a few guest cancellations. The party was for a Southern Living Magazine sales demonstration. I guess it was like a Pampered Chef party but with houseware stuff like candles, wall hanging stuff, dinnerware, etc etc etc.

People ate one, then ate two.... then asked to take some home.

Cool beans.

RJ

Thanks a lot Erik! I'm making 7 dozen of these things for my Cousin's Thanksgiving party. Mree and her hubby are planning on attending as well. I tell ya, it will be a pleasure visiting with her, but we will no doubt be planning on getting our business off the ground.

A business meeting with lots of sleep inducing food!

There's gonna be 7 deep fried turkeys there man. Countless side dishes. My cousin is a KILLER cook.

I'm sure I'll have pictures to post.

RJ

NOTE: I had an error on the orginal posting. I called the ice cream scoop a "3 ounce" scoop when it should have been called a "3 Tablespoon" scoop. It is a size 20.

crewsk, I know you copied the recipe already. Maybe make a note of it. Sorry for the error.

RJ

And yet another error. Sorry!

I used to use my Mom's old heavy steel muffin tins. The original cooking time in those heavy and weathered tins was perfect. I recently bought some thin, nonstick muffin pans. I found out the hard way that the cooking time should have been scaled down. I burned them at 40 minutes. Garbage. I had to remake them and I found out that 20 to 25 minutes is PERFECT. However, they aren't golden. They are blonde.

Sorry if I cost you any bad batches.

RJ

They look amazing, and as soon as I find a suitable substitute for the vanilla wafers on this side of the pond, I'll make these! They look like they'll disappear in a flash.

Back
Top Bottom