"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes
Old 09-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
Assistant Cook
Banana Sticky Bread

I have my very own recipe for banana sticky bread that I just wanna put out there for everyone to enjoy. <3 Now, this isn't a sticky bun. It is a sticky bread, because it comes out fairly moist, and a little bit stickier than your typical banana bread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1970360709.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	15618

Moist Banana Bread

1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup apple butter
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs
3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.

In a mixing bowl, mash your bananas with a masher (or something that could be used as a masher; maybe a food mill, or a fork, or whatever.) and set them aside. In your mixer bowl, beat your room temperature butter with the mixing paddle(s) on your electric mixer until it turns into a creamy consistency. Afterwards, scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed, and add your granulated and brown sugar. Cream (or mix) the butter and sugar combination until the sugar is thoroughly combined into the creamy butter. Afterwards, add your eggs, your apple butter, your mashed bananas, and your vanilla extract, and mix thoroughly until everything is combined. Remember to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl as needed while you're mixing.

In a seperate mixing bowl, mix your flour, your baking powder, your baking soda, and your salt with a fork (just so when it's added to the wet ingredients, each ingredient is distributed evenly throughout the wet mixture) and slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, while putting your mixer speed on low. Again, make sure you stop the mixer occasionally, and scrape down the sides of the mixer bowl as needed.

Once your banana sticky bread mixture is completely mixed, grease and flour your baking pans. This mixture filled two 8x8-inch round cake pans (I don't have a good loaf pan) so if you want, try using your preferred baking pan. It made about 16 servings. Bake your banana sticky bread at 400 degrees Farenheit for about 45 minutes. If you think it's done, poke deep into the center of the quickbread with a toothpick, and if it comes out clean, without any batter stuck to it, it should be done.

ThePurpleChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
Master Chef
This looks like a pretty tasty banana bread recipe. Thanks.

As a side note. There's a banana bread recipe that was placed in the DC forum by a lady who went by "Audio", several years back. It also is an exceptional banana bread. Originally, I believe it was created by "America's Test Kitchen", and Audio shared it with us. If you are interested in trying it, I can post it.

By the way, I don't believe I saw your welcome, so at this time, I will say it.
Welcome to DiscussCooking, or DC for short. We have lots of fun here, sharing recipes, lives, funny stories, and great camaraderie. I hope you have as much fun here as we do. And again, thanks for the recipes.

If you ever have a question about how to make anything, and I do mean anything (In the culinary arts), just ask. Someone will know the answer.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:04 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
That looks and sounds delicious, thanks for sharing
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote