BEST Banana Bundt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
Mom brought me one of these and it was gone almost immediately!
I've already made one this week and will probably make another tomorrow.

Best Banana Bundt

Cream together:
1 cube softened butter
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 c. sour cream

Blend in:
1-1/4 c. mashed bananas (3)
2 tsp. lemon juice (sprinkled over bananas)
1 tsp. vanilla

Add dry ingredients and mix well:
2-1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Stir in:
3/4 c. finely chopped pecans

Pour batter into greased floured bundt pan. Bake @ 325 for 50-60 minutes
or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. This actually tastes best
on the second day.

Yummmm. Thank you jkath. I don't think we'll have any left on the second day.:LOL:

Now all need is the hot tub, lol....

saying good bye to my kitchen this week, but I'll try this one when we have a kitchen again!

rdcast said:
Is buttermilk suitable for cheesecakes FryBoy???

I've never made cheesecake with buttermilk, but I would think it would be very good. The recipe would quite obviously have to be adjusted for the additional liquid, but apparently it can be done. I Googled "buttermilk cheesecake" (with the quote marks) and had 821 hits, including a slew of recipes.

FryBoy said:
I've never made cheesecake with buttermilk, but I would think it would be very good.
I've starded using powdered buttermilk which works very well but be careful when you add it to keep it from clumping. I forget the wonderful flavor buttermilk adds to sweet baking.

jkath

Your receipe sounds delicious and I am going to take a look in my kitchen to see if I have all of the ingredients. If not I will have to go to the market which I hate.

Knowing me it won't take long to finish it. I love bananas. If Jolie is a good girl I might even give her a small piece. I always just feed her dog food but one day I was eating a banana and I gave her a little piece. She loved it.

Keep coming with those delicious receipes of yours and have a great Sunday.

Jill and Jolie

Guessing 1/2 cup as that is what my recipe calls for and it is nearly identical. Hope that helps Half Baked.

Sorry - and yes, Alix is right.

I made another one of these today and did something I normally do on my poppyseed bunt cake:

Rather than the typical greased/floured pan, I greased it with butter but then "floured" it with cinnamon sugar. The end result? A darker, crunchy-sweet crust. Yum!

Thanks for the recipe jkath - you and kadesma are alike in that any recipe you post is magnificent! Cut and pasted and printed again - I am gonna be busy this weekend!

If you substitute buttermilk for sour cream is there any adjustment in amount?

I made this and it is wonderful. Easy and the bundt cake look is just more frilly then a plain loaf. Thank you for sharing this. I used 3/4 cup buttermilk in place of sour cream.

jkath said:
Mom brought me one of these and it was gone almost immediately!
I've already made one this week and will probably make another tomorrow.

Best Banana Bundt

Cream together:
1 cube softened butter
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 c. sour cream

Blend in:
1-1/4 c. mashed bananas (3)
2 tsp. lemon juice (sprinkled over bananas)
1 tsp. vanilla

Add dry ingredients and mix well:
2-1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Stir in:
3/4 c. finely chopped pecans

Pour batter into greased floured bundt pan. Bake @ 325 for 50-60 minutes
or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. This actually tastes best
on the second day.

This looks easy ...just one thing how much is 1 stick of butter we in Asia dont usually say stick ..grams or cup ..:rolleyes:

happy actors

jkath--

I made your cake for our local community theatre group (who put on great shows, work their tails off, and get paid no $!) and they loved it. I used your idea of the cinn/sugar crusty coating and topped it w/ a bourbon glaze.

You made a lot of people happy that day!

I am having the family over for supper next Wednesday night and was looking for a special dessert. Thanks for the recipe.:)

marajo - how was it with buttermilk? I bet yummy!

beehidsu: 1 stick = 1/2 cup

devora - I'm so glad I could be of service! I think the addition of a burbon glaze is pure genius.

JoAnn - you won't be disappointed (unless of course, you wanted a strenuous, time-consuming, too-many-pans-to-wash kind of recipe)

Back
Top Bottom