Best recipe for Red Velvet cupcakes (chemistry)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Couldn't find the Martha Stewart recipe you were referring to (there were several when I googled it) so I went with the Paula Deen recipe (unaltered) for the 2nd try.....P-E-R-F-E-C-T results. The color, the texture, the moisture-level and the taste is exactly perfect.

I'll post pictures later.

Couldn't find the Martha Stewart recipe you were referring to (there were several when I googled it) so I went with the Paula Deen recipe (unaltered) for the 2nd try.....P-E-R-F-E-C-T results. The color, the texture, the moisture-level and the taste is exactly perfect.

I'll post pictures later.

Glad your cupcakes come out as you wanted them... If you google "martha stewarts red velvet cupcakes", it will be the first link... Just in case you ever want to try hers... Can't wait to see the photos... ;):)

I only have one muffin tin, so instead of making all cupcakes I took the last third of the batter and made a small cake with my heart-shaped pan I just bought. After icing it, I took one of the "dead cupcakes" from the bad recipe and crumbled it up, then laid a heart-shaped silicone shaper I have (for making pancakes) over the cake and.....voila:

img_969365_0_9a947acbbc32bf2777af5e29aa9229eb.jpg

Hubby says it's too pretty to eat, but he's already had 3 cupcakes! :LOL:

img_969365_1_f4d0e731e6571280ee0eaa20454566df.jpg

img_969365_2_2b57a8419fcbe37f9c209430ce102048.jpg

I also made some decorated sugar cookies but I'll have to post pics of those later.

If it was something we ate every day, yes. Not so much with an occasional treat.
I concur. If someone has a known hypersensitivity to artificial food dyes (particularly red) then yes, they should be concerned, but for most of us it's a harmless occasional indulgence. I do not eat candy or use processed foods that may contain the dye, not with any regularity anyway.

Still that's good information to have, thanks for pointing it out, Kayelle.

our boxed mix for red velvet cake made 12 cupcakes and a heart single layer heart cake. my four and a half year old great granddaughter baked our hearts out. she did very well.

Back
Top Bottom