Betty Greene's Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PieSusan

Washing Up
This is an heirloom family recipe that is addicting. It is one of the cakes that once you start eating, it is hard to stop, it is so good! My mom loved to make it for break the fast after Yom Kippur.

Betty Greene's Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee Cake

Ingredients:
1 cup sweet butter or sweet margarine (butter is better)
1-1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt (I use 1/2 teaspoon)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup ground walnuts or pecans
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
Grease and flour a one-piece tube pan.
In your large mixer bowl combine butter, sugar and eggs. Beat until mixture is light and fluffy. In a small bowl sift dry ingredients together. Blend in sour cream, then dry ingredients and vanilla.
In another small bowl, mix the ground nuts, 2 Tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
Spoon 1/3 of the batter into a well-greased and floured tube pan, 1/3 of the nuts, then another 1/3 of the batter, 1/3 of the nuts, then, the last 1/3 of the batter, and top with the last 1/3 of the nut mixture. The dough is quite thick.
Bake for about 75 minutes in a moderate oven-350 degrees F. Cut right from the pan, and serve slightly warm. Very good when at room temperature, too.

Not really. If they were whole and you could toast them to bring out their flavor and then grind/chop them, it would be different and I would say, give it a try.

I think you what you have bought is known as almond flour and you can search for recipes that specifically call for it.

Back
Top Bottom