Blueberries fall to the bottom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GPOE

Assistant Cook
Hello all,

I baked an excellent blueberry cake with a crumb struesel today. Only problem was, all the blueberries fell to the bottom of the cake so they are not evenly distributed. How can i correct this so that the blueberries are more evenly distributed from top to bottom?

Thanks,

Geoff

I recently made cornbread and put raisins in it just to get rid of my raisins in the house before they expired. The same thing happened! My husband said make it again and put the raisins in before putting the muffins in the oven. What I did was put some raisins in the batter, put the batter in the muffin pan, then took the rest of my raisins and put them on top of the batter and just pushed them into the batter so they were covered up by the batter. When they came out. I tried one and broke it open. The raisins were on the bottom and also on the top and sort of middle depending on how far I pushed them in. I hope that helps its worth a try!

I also like the flour idea and am going to try that too! Thanks for sharing!

Geoff, the blueberries will be less likely to fall to the bottom if you first toss them with some of the flour from your recipe before adding them to the batter.

I just did that with my Lemon/Blueberry Loaf and most still sunk to the bottom. ?????? I think I will try the other idea of putting some in on top after the batter is in the pan.

I just did that with my Lemon/Blueberry Loaf and most still sunk to the bottom. ?????? I think I will try the other idea of putting some in on top after the batter is in the pan.

Yeah it worked for my cornbread muffins and of all people who thought of it my husband who does not cook muffins or cakes or pies lol! I was thinking of other recipes I am going to try this with.

One other idea I thought of is if your batter is really runny cook it for a few minutes and then add them once the batter starts to come up a little. Be sure to have some already mixed in the batter so that way they are just not on the top, but also on the bottom. That is my next idea if I ever come across a recipe that is a little runnier than normal.

Back
Top Bottom