Boston Cream Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blissful, when will you be coming to my house to make that? I am clearing my calendar.

Blissful, when will you be coming to my house to make that? I am clearing my calendar.
ha ha, yeah, I love to cook *with* people and I love to cook *for* people. The only thing I need to get me going and feeling creative is a clean sink and a few ingredients! It would be fun, wouldn't it, to go visiting and cooking with others here!?!

ha ha, yeah, I love to cook *with* people and I love to cook *for* people. The only thing I need to get me going and feeling creative is a clean sink and a few ingredients! It would be fun, wouldn't it, to go visiting and cooking with others here!?!

Wouldn't that be a blast? Hmm.

Hm. Baby bro knows people who know people. He used to work at QVC, and they had the most gorgeous black busses in the world, complete with showers and bathrooms. And they drove through our little town! I saw them with my own personal eyes!

I'd love to see that. A show of cooks from D.C..

Dawg, aren't you busy this weekend? Bliss, my kitchen is yours, anytime. :chef:

Very busy! Must wash hair and pack! And shave stuff!

Last edited:
Be safe, and have fun.

Remember, go high...

I have a nephew who is a DC county cop if you run into trouble. PM me if needed.

Last edited:
Be safe, and have fun.

Remember, go high...

I have a nephew who is a DC county cop if you run into trouble. PM me if needed.

Thank ya darlin'. I'll keep that in mind. My Fran and I are peaceful people, but are not afraid to coldcock anyone who grabs us by anything.

And now returning to our regularily scheduled program. Sorry for derailing. This Boston cream pie trip interests me greatly. We may need to discuss this further.

Thank ya darlin'. I'll keep that in mind. My Fran and I are peaceful people, but are not afraid to coldcock anyone who grabs us by anything.

Just stay in the capitol area.

Or you might run into a Christian or two.

Last edited:
Just stay in the capitol area.

Or you might run into a Christian or two.

Ha! Being born and bred dyed in the wool indoctrinated Methodist, I love quoting scripture!

Anyway, we should be able to get some decent desserts in DC! Looking forward to getting me some authentic Boston Cream pie. Or I'm heading over to Blissful's.

I just wanted to follow up my post, about the ganache. 8 oz of cream to 8 oz chocolate chips (weighed on a scale), is excellent. I made the second half of the cakes/filling/ganache and instead, cooled the ganache is an ice water bath and it stayed glossy and beautiful, and thickened up nicer than the first time where it was warm and too thin and I ended up putting two layers on it. The first time I used milk chocolate chips, the second time semi sweet chocolate chips, either is fine fine fine. I'd advise to cool off the ganache in an ice water bath. DH is a fan of the milk chocolate while DS is a fan of the semi sweet chocolate. Either would work fine. I think I'll probably end up making this again next year, it was a hit.

And here we are a year later and he picked the same dessert for his birthday. His birthday was the 17th but he is not off work until the 19th and he doesn't like having to have his dessert early in the morning (he is second shift). So tomorrow is the day and I'm glad I documented my steps so I can make it again tomorrow. There's lots of dishes to wash for this dessert but one of the good points is that it makes enough for 2 'pies', and the parts can be frozen to assemble at a later date, so we'll have some tomorrow and then again in a week or so. He's 32, who would believe it! Handsome kind and helpful son back at home temporarily. It will be a happy birthday again for him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom