Brown Sugar Fudge Icing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
1 cup (225ml) brown sugar
3 tbsp (45ml) butter
3 tbsp (45ml) whipping cream or evaporated milk

Have your sink about 1 inch full of cold water (a few ice cubes will help too) Put ingredients in a saucepan on medium high. GET YOUR TIMER SET TO ONE MINUTE RIGHT NOW. Stir until mixture boils (bubbles that are hard to stir down) and hit the timer. Stir gently as the timer runs. At exactly one minute remove your pot from the element and set it in the sink. Stir til the bubbles subside then beat vigorously until the icing is thick and creamy. It will crinkle or be slow to come together if you run a spoon through it leaving an empty track. Pour over your spice cake (lazy daisy?) and let set for an hour or so before serving.

It is absolutely essential that you do NOT boil for longer than one minute or you will have hardened icing.

Heh heh heh. I figure if I'm eating it then I should not be alone in my temptations. Try it Uncle Bob...just once won't hurt! :devilish:

You guys are just lucky the cake disappeared before I got the camera out or you would REALLY be drooling.

Thanks for the recipe, Alix. I tried it for the first time last week (she had chopped pecans in the icing), and it was fabulous. Now I know how to make it!

Once again...took forever to find this!

Not sure if it's my iPad that's glitchy or if the search function just blows. ?

Thank goodness for the Google search bar.

Hi all! Happy summer.

Back
Top Bottom