"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes

Old 04-09-2007, 09:36 AM   #1
Sous Chef

Question Bundt Cake

I was given a non-stick Bundt cake pan in the shape of a rose. Does anyone have recipes/ideas.? I'm not much of a baker.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:44 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Is that in silicon? The local supermarket had them on sale recently, I wanted them but they sold out before I got there... I was also a little curious whether those details of the petals will hold when you take the cake out of the form... I am interested in some suggestions as well!!

Old 04-09-2007, 10:00 AM   #3
Sous Chef

Silicon

This is non-stick over cast iron. I have some silicon mold pans that I have used for quiche and cake. The definition of the mold holds up well if what you are baking ends up firm.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #4
Head Chef

argh, wish I'd seen them in a supermarket up here Charlie, I'm always collecting interesting tins.....

There are loads of bundt recipes here...I find a really good speialist greasing product for shaped tins invaluable as opposed to greasing or greasing and flouring normally. I use an American product I get in UK called Wilton Cake Release. Its very good. I make loads of cakes in decorative tins, and have rarely had a problem with a recipe not desiged for them. Remeber to go for something that doesn't need icing though, lol. Glazes work beautifully to highlight the shape. VB's Caramel Apple cake here in the Baking section is superb in a decortaive tin. I like to make lemon cakes in rose tins and glaze with lemon glaze and a little rose syrup, and some crushed pistachios....lemon and rose screams turkish delight, and is a lovely combination.

ETA: I also use them to make oher things like jellys and breads etc. Yesterday we had a flower shaped spanish Cream that was lovely.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:43 AM   #5
Assistant Cook

Here is a delicious recipe for a chocolate bundt cake:

MeanMeals.com - Chocolate Bundt Cake - Create and share your personal list of meals and recipes
Old 04-09-2007, 12:12 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I've seen (coveted, really) the pan you've been given. It's beautiful and should produce a very pretty cake. I second what lulu said about making sure you prepare the inside of the pan before adding the batter. You want all the cake to come out of the pan so the rose cake design will be perfect.

You say you are not much of a baker. If baking intimidates you, try checking the packages of cake mix in your grocery store. Many, if not all, of them will have a variation for a bundt cake on the package. That might be a way to take "baby steps" in using your nice pan.

Best of luck. You have a beauty.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:26 AM   #7
Master Chef

Here are some of my favorite bundt cake recipes. They should work fine in your pan.

Glazed Lemon Pound Cake

Chocolate Carmel Nut Cake

Irish Cream Bundt Cake

Cinnamon Nut Bundt Pan Cake This is a recipe of PA Baker's. I have not made it, but it sure sounds good.

Bacardi Rum Cake

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None