Cake mix...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SHAMALICIOUS

Senior Cook
Is it possible to make the cake mix a day beforehand and bake the next day? Im having a dinner party on sunday and i wanna save some time, so i was thinking id make the cake mixture on saturday and bake it the sunday morning which gives me time to pipe the cream before they come

I don't think I would try that. Why not bake the cake the day before and finish the frosting, etc the day of the event?

I could. But id prefer not to, as id be rushed for time then, because got to prepare for the kebabs and other food n that too. So i wont have much time on the sunday. Im making about half of the stuff on the saturday too so thatll be a help. I think the only thing that might go wrong about keeping the cake mix is the eggs? or maybe even the flour. but maybe itll keep if i put it in the fridge till sunday?

It probably won't rise properly. Double acting baking powder rises as soon as it is mixed and then rises again when baked. If time is an issue, I'd bake tomorrow and refrigerate or freeze it when completely cooled.

Back
Top Bottom