Cake Report :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think if you asked your bakery you would find that the "good stuff" may contain some shortening - specially if it is pure white icing.

My buttercream contains shortening but everyone raves over the taste of it. I don't use a 50/50 blend but add more butter (unsalted which is less yellow) and less shortening. I have NEVER had a complaint about it tasting "yucky" from shortening.

I really wasn't thinking of cakes with frosting that falls into the butter cream family. I'm thinking cakes with ganache and pastries that often have no frosting at all. Or fabulous cheesecakes.

I really wasn't thinking of cakes with frosting that falls into the butter cream family. I'm thinking cakes with ganache and pastries that often have no frosting at all. Or fabulous cheesecakes.
Ahhh, yes! I make all those too! Now those really ARE "the good stuff"! I think I have a harder time making them than the wedding/regular cakes - I am not so tempted anymore by cake and frosting and have NEVER been one to snack on the fondant when working with it. But cheesecakes, pastries, etc. are a weakness for me too! :pig:

Two cakes are better than one. One for each hand. It will keep her out of trouble.:angel:

Guess I better get my request in early....

Addie, I agree whole heartedly. Do you think we can each do one for Dave as well?

Or will that set a precident and you and I will be making cake for the entire Mod/Admin team? :ermm:

LOL!!!!

Addie, I agree whole heartedly. Do you think we can each do one for Dave as well?

Or will that set a precident and you and I will be making cake for the entire Mod/Admin team? :ermm:

LOL!!!!

What the heck. I have nothing better to do. I have a new stool I can sit on while I am working. :angel:

What the heck. I have nothing better to do. I have a new stool I can sit on while I am working. :angel:
I wish I had a stool while I was working in the kitchen, but my kitchen isn't big enough! :(

We may be doing something about that soon, I hope!

Neato. No, I won't try to steal yours. Not enough room in my kitchen. sigh

I want to say, "Ha ha haha, you can't have it." But that would not be nice. Besides, I am a grownup now not a kid. Instead I will say, "I hope you get your big kitchen someday in the very near future. You deserve it."

I have to get dressed soon and go down to check my mail. I had a major blowup with another resident last week and I really don't want to run into her again. She is not the kind to keep her mouth shut. So if I run into her, I am going to have to work very hard and take the high road. I will have to not answer her and turn away. So against my nature. Right now I am practicing my smile. :)

I want to say, "Ha ha haha, you can't have it." But that would not be nice. Besides, I am a grownup now not a kid. Instead I will say, "I hope you get your big kitchen someday in the very near future. You deserve it."

I have to get dressed soon and go down to check my mail. I had a major blowup with another resident last week and I really don't want to run into her again. She is not the kind to keep her mouth shut. So if I run into her, I am going to have to work very hard and take the high road. I will have to not answer her and turn away. So against my nature. Right now I am practicing my smile. :)

You can do it Addy. You are what they used to call "a tough cookie". ;)

You can do it Addy. You are what they used to call "a tough cookie". ;)

Sure enough. She was down there. I went right past her, check my mail box and came right back up and never looled her way. I didn't even give her chance to say Hi. I kept a smile on my face like I had a secret and she didn't know it. :):)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom