Cake Walk Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess a nice Bacardi Rum Cake would not be allowed......
This is nice bundt, no alcohol, pureed pears make it very good.

Gingered Fresh Pear Cake

1 1/2 cups pureed pears -- (4 to 5 ripe pears)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1/2 cup butter -- softened
1 cup milk
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup applesauce -- all-natural
5 eggs
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tb + 2 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Butter a bundt pan and dust well with flour. Puree pears in a food processor. In a small bowl mix the pureed pears, vanilla, lemon juice, cinnamon, and ground ginger. Set aside. Heat the milk and butter in a small saucepan until butter is melted. Sift flour and baking powder.

With an electric mixer on medium-high, beat the eggs and brown sugar for 5 minutes, until pale and thick. Add milk and melted butter mixture while beating on low, then add the pear mixture and applesauce. Add the flour and baking powder, beating until just combined.

Pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake for about 55 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Serve with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream or warm fruit compote.

Heath Bar Brunch Cake:

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cups sugar
2 cups flour, sifted
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
2 1-1/8oz Heath Bars, finely crushed (chilled)
3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
6 1-1/8oz Heath Bars, finely crushed (chilled)

Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and gradually add the light brown sugar and sugar. Blend in flour and 1/4 ts salt; mix well. Reserve 1 cup of this mixture for topping. Combine buttermilk, baking soda, 1/8 ts salt, egg and vanilla. Stir into remaining butter-sugar mix. Fold in 2 finely chopped Heath bars. Turn into a buttered 13 x 9 pan and sprinkle with the 1 cup reserved topping, then with the pecans. Top with additional 6 crushed Heath bars. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes. Serve with cocoa-flavored whipped cream or with coffee ice cream

BACARDI RUM CAKE

1 box yellow cake mix
1 small pack instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup Bacardi Rum
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Oven 325. Grease and flour bundt. Spinkle nuts on bottom of pan.
Beat all ingredients in bowl 2 minutes. Pour into pan, bake 1 hour. Cool in the pan, invert on plate. Drizzle glaze on cake.

GLAZE:
1 stick butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/2 Bacardi rum

Melt butter in saucepan, add water, sugar, boil 5 minutes. REMOVE PAN FROM HEATSOURCE, add rum.

***NOTE: Most people use Bacardi Dark Rum for this recipe, I have used the light several times and its just as good.

Hi all! The cakes I took were a big hit. They were the first 3 that got choosen.(They did not number the cakes, if your number was called then you got to choose your own). I came home with an upside down german chocolate cake. I was so tired & full last night that I didn't even try it. But, it looks really good. Thank you all for your help & suggestions! I really appriciate it.

Back
Top Bottom