"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes

Old 07-29-2004, 11:55 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Canadian pancakes

Hi,
My wife went to Canada and has raved about the pancakes she had there. I know the ones she means - small faily thick panckes stacked up with maple syrup and blueberries! The thing is I'd like to suprise her with them, and was wondering if any of you had an ultimate recipe for them?
Ta.

Old 08-28-2004, 07:52 PM   #2
Senior Cook

Canadian pancakes

I do not know if this is close, but it is a great recipe from a Canadian friend.

Canadian Pancakes
2 c flour
1 pinch sea salt
1 1/2 c apple juice or milk
2 tb oil
2 eggs
1/2 c honey
2 ts baking powder
1 baking apple, grated

1.Combine all ingredients except apple, and beat until just smooth. Add apple and mix by hand.
2.Spoon large dollops of batter into an oiled pan, over medium heat. Turn pancakes when bubbles appear at the edges. Flip and brown other side. Serve immediately with butter, maple syrup, honey and/or apple butter.

Old 08-29-2004, 01:18 PM   #3
Everymom

Am I nuts? Didn't we post a bunch of recipes on this thread before? Where are they now?
Old 08-29-2004, 01:20 PM   #4
Everymom

OK...found them...they were in the General section. Whew...thought I was losing it there for a bit. Goodweed, if you see this post you can see my Mom's pancake recipe under this title in General Questions. You can try mine and see what YOU think.

Tags
None