Caramel Apple Cake- TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
This is an extremely moist cake!

1pkg(2-layer size) yellow cake mix (I made it with caramel cake mix)
1pkg.(4-serving size) vanilla or French vanilla instant pudding
1C water (I used milk)
4 eggs
1/3C vegetable oil
3 Granny Smith apples peeled & coarsly chopped
20 caramels, unwrapped
1/4C milk

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease & flour a 12C bundt pan or 10 inch tube pan & set aside. Beat cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs, & oil in a large bowl on low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Gentely stir in apples & pour into prepared pan.

Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan & cool completely on wire rack.

Microwave caramels & milk on high 1 1/2 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds, until blended. Cool 10 minutes, until slightly thickened. Drizzle over cooled cake.

Last edited:
Thanks texasgirl, it's good to be back!:)

I made this cake for Homecoming at our church Sunday before last & only had 2 pieces left to bring home.

I'll have to make once I see the doc, if he lets me :eek:)
I hope that I can start having my orange sodas again at least.
diet diet diet :eek:(

Crewsk, the cake is out of the oven and it sure does smell good. Too bad that I have to wait until tonight to taste it. Instead of buying the caramels, I bought a good quality butterscotch caramel topping to save myself some time. Thanks again for sharing your recipe.

Let me know how it is! I had to wait a whole day day before getting to eat mine & it was well worth it IMO. The caramel topping sounds like a great idea!

Back
Top Bottom