Carrot cake problem...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy cooking Alix, but try to use fresh carrots as if they have lost all their moisture , the cake will be dry..
do you know any one with a rabbit that you could give your hairy carrots to ?
lol lol
bye
Viv...

LOL, nope, and our hamster just died too darn it. Usually carrots don't last in our house, but I sort of shoved these to the back of the crisper drawer and just found them. :rolleyes:

Maybe if I add some extra fat to the recipe it will be OK, or if I soak the carrots overnight in water? What do you think?

Hi Alix,
I would not add more fat to the recipe, as it will make the cake too fatty,
just add a little milk to the mix if it is too stiff, usually fresh moist carrots add water to the mix, so it will be o.k. to add a little milk...
Hope this helps you.
" happy cooking "
Viv....

The way I see it, when you whip egg whites into a soft meringue, and fold that into a batter, you are introducing air into the batter, which, when coupled with the chemical leavening, causes a the resulting product to be lighter and fluffier than just baking with leavening alone.

Hi Allen MI,
I agree about the whipping of egg whites, it does introduce air,which is great for some cakes, but for this certain carrot cake, you just beat in the whole eggs,the texture of the cake is a moist soft cake, and the carrots give it the moisture needed,but as I told
Alix, it is O.K. to add a little milk to make up for a dry carrot.. give it a try and make one, you will see what I mean...how delicious it is.....
Have a good day
the baker...
VIV...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom