Carrot Cake TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deeppitbbq

Cook
Carrot Cake TNT

1-1/2 cups salad oil-I use Wesson Oil
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 cups flour
2 cups finely grated raw carrots
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspons cinnamon
1 cup nuts

Mix oil and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Add flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Add carrots and last add nuts. Bake at 350 in 9x13' pan for 40 minutes or until done.

Cream Cheese Frosting:

8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese-I soften it in the microwave
1 lb. or 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 stick margarine-I use Blue Bonnet
2 teaspoons vanilla

Mix all together. Spread over carrot cake when the cake has cooled. I put chopped pecans over the icing when the cake has cooled down.

This is a wonderful moist cake and it is the only kind of carrot cake that I will make.

Thanks so much. I'm a lover of carrot cake, but have always been afraid to try it. Maybe I'll try it for the first time

We love this cake...I suppose you could put raisins in it too if you wanted to. I haven't tried that yet.

Raisins???:ermm: For my personal taste...No raisins please!:LOL: It is an interesting idea however! Hush now! Maybe my DW want hear ya talkin about rasins!:whistling

:LOL:

A friend made me a 5-layer carrot cake for several birthdays - she adds golden sultans, chopped up pineapple, and chopped walnuts to it - it's heaven!!!!!!!

deeppit - I'm so craving a piece of your cake I can't stand it - we NEVER have any sweets in the house because we just don't eat them - but right at this moment I'm in pain for lack of sweets! :wacko:

I swear if I just had some cream cheese I would make the frosting and eat it!!!

I don't know how many carrots it takes to get 2 cups. The next time I make it..I will count the carrots and let you know, ok?

deeppitbbq said:
I don't know how many carrots it takes to get 2 cups. The next time I make it..I will count the carrots and let you know, ok?

That's ok, I think I"m making it this weekend. I'm just going to buy a BIG bag of carrots.

Thanks. I made the cake yesterday. I didn't have the oil it called for, but I just used some other kind of oil and even threw in some italian salad dress as part of the oil portion of the recipe. I did everything else the exact same. I made the icing for it this morning. I'll be serving it later, but I had a little sneak taste "lol". It tastes pretty yummy. I like it better after being in the refrigerator for the night.

I am glad that you liked it. I am so sorry that when I posted the recipe..I meant to put that I keep it in the refrigerator. It lasts and tastes better that way...glad you put in the fridge.

A Stick

Hi, I'm just wondering if a stick means 1/2 cup, or more. Thank you so much for the quick recipe. In desperate need! Thanks again!:)

Hi, I'm just wondering if a stick means 1/2 cup, or more. Thank you so much for the quick recipe. In desperate need! Thanks again!:)

A stick of butter or margerine in the US is a quarter pound, a half cup or 8 tablespoons.

Raisins???:ermm: For my personal taste...No raisins please!:LOL: It is an interesting idea however! Hush now! Maybe my DW want hear ya talkin about rasins!:whistling

:LOL:

Uncle Bob, I always put raisins and walnuts in my carrot cake--never pineapple. Actually, it is Maida Heatter's recipe. lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom