Cathy's Lemon Pudding Cake TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
This recipe is so yummy! My mom's friend shared it with her before she passed away. Everyone loves it!

Cathy's Lemon Pudding Cake

Sift together:
1/2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp grated lemon rind

Combine in a seperate bowl:
4 egg yolks, well beaten
2. c. milk
1/2 c. fresh lemon juice

In a different bowl:
4 egg whites

Pour egg and mik into flour mixture, then fold in egg whites. Pour into a 9x13 baking dish. Set in a larger pan of water (about 1 inch up on baking dish) and bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees f. Let cool before serving.
This recipe can be cut in half and baked in an 8" or 9" square pan.

As I look through the recipe, I believe that this would create a very moist cake, but not with pudding under it. An enhnacment to this cake would be to dissolve lemon jello in hot water. Then, poke holes all over the cake with a toothpick or fork. Then slowly drizzle the liquid gelatin onto the cake and let it soak in. Refridgerate. I've done this many times. It is wonderful. You can also do this with instant lemon pudding, another great flavor combo.

Last week, we combined instant lemon pudding with liquid gelatin and poured that over the cake. That was my DW's favorite. Mine is with the plain jello. Of course I use sugar-free everything and only eat small pieces. A cake will last a week and a half around my house. It stays covered in the fridge.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

So sorry I didn't respond to your questions!
Egg whites: I've beat them, but not to a tremendous degree. Just enough to break them up and barely lighten them up.
It is a very moist yummy cake, but not with the "lava" inside. As for the jello-poking, I've not done it with this cake, as I think it may not go well with the natural lemon flavor. I will say, though, that it is really fun to do a poke cake with a plain vanilla and use a few different jello flavors. It's a rainbow cake, and the kids love to make it!

Lemon is one of our
favorite flavors and smells.
I'll try this some day! Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom