Cheesecake Burgers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Cheesecake Burgers

Now before your roll your eyes, or think “Disgusting!” read the concept. We all love cheesecake. But it costs me $20 to make a New York cheesecake from scratch. It’s worth every penny when it’s done, but it’s still pricey. I wanted to come up with a way to make cheesecake lighter, and more assessable. The Cheesecake burger is what I’ve come up with.
Of course this little desert gem has no burger in it at all. I simply takes the shape of a burger, sort of. Here’s what you will need, and how we will make it. And boys and girls, this is not a from scratch recipe.

Ingredients;
Pre-made shortcake rounds, like the kind you purchase at the grocery store for making strawberry shortcake. Bu enough to have two shortcakes for each person.
2 tubs. Philadelphia ready-made cheesecake filling (not quite as good as from scratch, by still yummy)
Canned Strawberry pie filling
Spoon cheesecake filling onto a shortcake. Top with a little of the pie filling. Cover with the second shortcake. And that’s all there is to it. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Now how easy was that?

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for a quick and easy desert that looks tasty Chief. :yum:

I'm not big on deserts but this looks like a winner for those times you need to whip something up for people and really don't have the time to devote for desert.

Now what I really need is for you to come up with a desert that doesn't find it's way immediately to making your butt larger. If you can create that then I believe I'd become more of a desert person and you'd be well on your way to financial satisfaction. ;)

You might get more people to try it if it had a more appealing name ;-) Maybe Mini-Cheesecake Stacks?

I was just playing with names. Originally, I was thinking of making mini cakes, with the typical domed tops, and brown color. I figured that the cakes would look similar to a hamburger bun with the cheesecake "patty" in the middle. If you sprinkled graham cracker crumbs on the cheesecake, you might even fool a person from a distance.

Presented as I described above, I like your name.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

What's in a name??? It's the taste that counts. :bb:

But since we're looking for names......:rolleyes:

Let's keep the burger theme and call the Chiefs creation "Cheesecake Sliders" ;)

I dunno. It's Chief's recipe, Chief's kitchen, and he can name it anything he wants. I have no problem with Cheesecake Burgers.

Well this actually looks much quicker and less expensive than a classic cheesecake. I'll give these a try soon, but I'll probably use another kind of pie filling.

Nice!

:blush: Um, I really like the idea of a poll to name this, though I really like "Cheesecake Sliders" too. The sad thing is that I've forgotten how to set up a poll.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom