Cheesecake Crust HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pancake

Senior Cook
Hey everyone :chef:

The strangest thing happened to my cheesecake yesterday!
I have a White Chocolate Cheesecake recipe from Betty Crocker, my favorite and made it over 4 times now. The recipe calls for it to be baked at 475 for 20 minutes, and then lowering the temperature to 325 and continue baking till it's done ~ about 50 minutes more.

When I sliced into it today, the crust was all burnt :ermm: I don't know why this time it burnt? It's a regular Graham cracker crust. I do remember that I added more butter to the crust by mistake, could that be it?

Any help and advice ? Thanks in advance :chef:

Pancake, did you use a different pan by any chance? One that is darker than your regular one?

Alix said:
Pancake, did you use a different pan by any chance? One that is darker than your regular one?

Not at all Alix :mellow: I always use a 9 inch springform pan for it.. But the crust would always be dry-crumbly before baking, only this time it was wet..
Thanks for your help, any more suggestions?

moved to desserts :chef:

I don't bake but since you mentioned too much butter it pretty much has to be that, doesn't it?

kitchenelf said:
moved to desserts :chef:

I don't bake but since you mentioned too much butter it pretty much has to be that, doesn't it?

Sorry for posting it in Terms, I don't know why I figured it there :ermm:

The only thing that was done different was that, so I'd love to blame it on the butter, just needed some back up! :)

Just how much extra butter are we talking here? It COULD be that, or it could be your oven having fits. Do you have an oven thermometer? My oven died and just before it did I burnt the crap out of a pie, and then couldn't cook my roast.

Alix said:
Just how much extra butter are we talking here? It COULD be that, or it could be your oven having fits. Do you have an oven thermometer? My oven died and just before it did I burnt the crap out of a pie, and then couldn't cook my roast.

I added double the amount of butter by mistake :wacko: It looks to me like the butter burnt and along with it the crust..
Now for the oven, I don't have a thermometer.. But I sure will get one now!! I think this could be an option too...

Alix said:
OK, double would probably do it. Yep, butter is your culprit! LOL!

LOL, I was hoping it was butter too :rolleyes: I'm still getting that thermometer though! Thanks alot Alix !

Back
Top Bottom