Cheesecake help, please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kethabug

Assistant Cook
Can somebody please help me with my problem. I have been baking chssescakes lately and i like to bake them in a water bath. I wrap the springform pans in foil.but the.water some.how.always comes.through. Can u tell me what i am doing wrong or how i can better wrap my pan so i wont have soggy crust. Thank u so much! :)

Tell you what, I never baked a cheesecake till I found a recipe that did *not* require a water bath because it's such a pain :LOL: Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, turn off the oven without removing the cake or opening the door, and leave it in there another 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool on a wire rack, then chill. Hope this helps.

Tell you what, I never baked a cheesecake till I found a recipe that did *not* require a water bath because it's such a pain :LOL: Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, turn off the oven without removing the cake or opening the door, and leave it in there another 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool on a wire rack, then chill. Hope this helps.

Excellent advice, GG.

Bs sure to use the heavy duty foil. The regular tin foil will leak every time. Heavy duty foil works like a charm.

Maybe someday they will make a silicone liner for spring form pans. Until that day, heavy duty foil will have to do. I sometimes put a folded paper towel between the pan bottom and foil to soak up steam that occurs.

I bake my cheesecakes the same way as GG. No water bath here and I have used them for my catering business.

Get the WIDE heavy duty foil. I do a double layer. Push it up the sides trying not to let it crease. Deep creases will let the water in.

I like the water bath method. I've done it both ways and I like how it evenly bakes in a water bath. Without a water bath, in my experience, the edge of the cheesecake gets too overdone for my taste when the center is creamy, with a water bath it is creamy from edge to center.

I also have baked cheesecakes with both methods and prefer the water bath. I buy the extra wide, heavy duty foil and double it. Very rarely do I have a problem when I do that. I do get some condensation occassionaly, but ususally doesn't present a problem. I may have to try putting a paper towel under the pan like previously suggested.

See, I don't think this helps unless we know your recipe and how big your springform is. These variables will have a big impact on how the cheesecake comes out.

Oh, and what kind of oven do you have? :)

I never bake my cheesecakes in water bath, i find that too much work, and i'm lazy. I always bake mine in a 160 degree oven for the time it needs, and when it's done, I turn the oven off and leave the oven door slightly open to let the cheesecake cool completely before taking it out from the oven, this way the surface of the cheesecake doesn't crack. This has always helped me to bake perfect cheesecakes!
I hope this helps!!

I never bake my cheesecakes in water bath, i find that too much work, and i'm lazy. I always bake mine in a 160 degree oven for the time it needs, and when it's done, I turn the oven off and leave the oven door slightly open to let the cheesecake cool completely before taking it out from the oven, this way the surface of the cheesecake doesn't crack. This has always helped me to bake perfect cheesecakes!
I hope this helps!!
Is that 160 degrees Celsius?

Can somebody please help me with my problem. I have been baking chssescakes lately and i like to bake them in a water bath. I wrap the springform pans in foil.but the.water some.how.always comes.through. Can u tell me what i am doing wrong or how i can better wrap my pan so i wont have soggy crust. Thank u so much! :)

Looks like you are a newbie to DC. So let me welcome you. This is a great place to get answers to any problems. And to have a lot of fun. :angel:

I agree with everyone on here. You will have to use the heavy duty aluminum foil. I normally don't have to use the heavy duty though cause I've got a Springform Cheese-cake pan and it rarely leaks unless I forget to close the clamp all the way. I've also cooked it without the water bath too!

I make my cheesecake in a 10" springform pan. I wrap it in HD foil and cook it in a water bath. When I remove the pan from the foil, there is water between the foil and the pan but it doesn't leak into the crust. At least it hasn't yet.

I did a couple of cheesecakes this weekend using the Americas Test Kitchen method. I bought a cheap 10 inch cake pan. Put my springform inside that 10 inch pan and put all that into the water bath. It was the best cheesecake ever. I baked for one hour at 325 F and then left it all inthe oven with the door closed for 5 hours. Moist and no cracks.

DH has been begging me for a cheese cake for the last couple of weeks, so I finally decided to take the time to bake him one. I didn't use my Springform pan this time though, instead I used my Fat Daddio's Anodized Aluminum Round Cheesecake Pans with Removable Bottoms and wrapped it in Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil and placed in a water bath. It turned out really good! I also made a Strawberry topping to go on top of it. I took frozen Strawberries put them in a pot and mixed with some sugar and cooked down until they were nice and yummy for a topping :yum: (My Mama use to make the Strawberry Topping when I use to eat Angel Food Cake when I was younger!)

Attachments

• 2013-04-12_17-12-21_648.jpg
    2013-04-12_17-12-21_648.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 209

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom