"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes

Old 02-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

I never bake my cheesecakes in water bath, i find that too much work, and i'm lazy. I always bake mine in a 160 degree oven for the time it needs, and when it's done, I turn the oven off and leave the oven door slightly open to let the cheesecake cool completely before taking it out from the oven, this way the surface of the cheesecake doesn't crack. This has always helped me to bake perfect cheesecakes!
I hope this helps!!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #12
Sous Chef

I can't offer any help. I don't use a water bath with cheesecake.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaZBJ View Post
I never bake my cheesecakes in water bath, i find that too much work, and i'm lazy. I always bake mine in a 160 degree oven for the time it needs, and when it's done, I turn the oven off and leave the oven door slightly open to let the cheesecake cool completely before taking it out from the oven, this way the surface of the cheesecake doesn't crack. This has always helped me to bake perfect cheesecakes!
I hope this helps!!
Is that 160 degrees Celsius?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kethabug View Post
Can somebody please help me with my problem. I have been baking chssescakes lately and i like to bake them in a water bath. I wrap the springform pans in foil.but the.water some.how.always comes.through. Can u tell me what i am doing wrong or how i can better wrap my pan so i wont have soggy crust. Thank u so much! :-)
Looks like you are a newbie to DC. So let me welcome you. This is a great place to get answers to any problems. And to have a lot of fun.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #15
Senior Cook

I agree with everyone on here. You will have to use the heavy duty aluminum foil. I normally don't have to use the heavy duty though cause I've got a Springform Cheese-cake pan and it rarely leaks unless I forget to close the clamp all the way. I've also cooked it without the water bath too!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #16
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kethabug View Post
Can somebody please help me with my problem. I have been baking chssescakes lately and i like to bake them in a water bath. I wrap the springform pans in foil.but the.water some.how.always comes.through. Can u tell me what i am doing wrong or how i can better wrap my pan so i wont have soggy crust. Thank u so much! :-)
I make my cheesecake in a 10" springform pan. I wrap it in HD foil and cook it in a water bath. When I remove the pan from the foil, there is water between the foil and the pan but it doesn't leak into the crust. At least it hasn't yet.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #17
Senior Cook

has anyone ever tried putting the spring form pan into another cake pan?
Old 04-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #18
Senior Cook

I did a couple of cheesecakes this weekend using the Americas Test Kitchen method. I bought a cheap 10 inch cake pan. Put my springform inside that 10 inch pan and put all that into the water bath. It was the best cheesecake ever. I baked for one hour at 325 F and then left it all inthe oven with the door closed for 5 hours. Moist and no cracks.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #19
Senior Cook

DH has been begging me for a cheese cake for the last couple of weeks, so I finally decided to take the time to bake him one. I didn't use my Springform pan this time though, instead I used my Fat Daddio's Anodized Aluminum Round Cheesecake Pans with Removable Bottoms and wrapped it in Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil and placed in a water bath. It turned out really good! I also made a Strawberry topping to go on top of it. I took frozen Strawberries put them in a pot and mixed with some sugar and cooked down until they were nice and yummy for a topping (My Mama use to make the Strawberry Topping when I use to eat Angel Food Cake when I was younger!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-12_17-12-21_648.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	17704  

Tags
cheesecake