Cheesecake Layer Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bjorn Stravinsky

Assistant Cook
I am thinking of baking a three layer cheesecake tomorrow, with the bottom layer being chocolate, middle layer being coffee (kind of like a tiramisu flavor) and the top layer being a regular new york style cheesecake, all topped off with a nice coating of ganache.

My question to you is: should I pour one layer on top of the other before I even put it in the oven; or should I pour in the chocolate layer, bake for a little bit, pour on coffee layer, bake, new york, and then bake until it is fully done?

And if I do the second method, how long should I bake for?

Chantal's New York Cheesecake Recipe - Allrecipes.com

This is the recipe I will be using to base my cheesecake off, I've already used it quite successfully before for regular cheesecakes, and now I want to expand my horizons a bit.

Are you going to use the amount of batter in the recipie and split it into thirds so you have the same volume in the three layers, or mix each layer separately with the amounts shown in the recipie? I'm not clear on that.

If you bake the layers using a third of the batter each you could probably layer them all at once and bake for the amount of time the recipie calls for. The batter will be thick enough that the layers shouldn't bleed into each other. But if you make each layer separate, using the whole recipie each time, you'll have 3x the volume and will need a longer baking time, and possibly a deeper springform pan.

The flavors sound interesting, let me know how this turns out.

Yeah, I'm planning on making the batter, splitting it, and then flavoring them, and then pouring them into the pan separately.

The flavors sound interesting, let me know how this turns out.

Yeah, i was inspired by a chocolate cake recipe I used a few weeks back, which suggested adding a cup of coffee to the batter, which ended up giving the cake a nice bit of bite. So for this cheesecake I am breaking those two up, so my guests can control how much those two flavors mix in their mouths. The top layer of plain New York style is to offset and underline the richness of the ganache sauce I will add on top.

It sound divine... I love a good cheesecake...

I would think layering it would be fine as long as the consistency of the three batters were the same... When I make my brownies I always add instant espresso powder to the batter, it enhances the flavor of the chocolate...

Let us know how it turns out...

Yeah, it turned out perfect.

Added about .25 lb melted chocolate to the lower layer, a couple tablespoons coffee to the middle layer, and then poured the last one on top, and it came out quite good.

Back
Top Bottom