Cheesecake problem (w/ pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rdcast yes, the lower half is denser and eggy than the middle part w/ch is fluffy.

I guess i diddn't fold the whipped whites into the batter well

FryBoy i did use KA mixer :)

rdcast, that's the problem, i don't know when its done LOL

fawn said:
rdcast, thanks for that suggestion, i'll take note of that :)

Oh my, what a disaster. Talk about baking time, wow, my oven went terminal last night with my cheesecake. It would only work on broil. hahahaha. Can you imagine? It burned the top and turned it to pudding.
:neutral:

All the best,
rdc

P.S. When it comes to souffles, don't follow my advice. I know way less about them than I do cheesecakes and that is little to nothing!

If you don't want it to fall, just make a regular cheesecake! I have been making regular cheesecakes for 9-10 years, and they all fall a bit, probably 1/4-1/2". I know a guy whose wife makes "fluffy" cheesecakes just like the one pictured. She just fills the sunken part with fruit. But then the focus is more on the fruit and less on the cake imo. If I make a cheesecake, people don't come anywhere near it with fruit filling! And that is just the way I like it.

i like it with dry sherry ! Topping cheesecakes with a smear of tart curd is nice if it's clear with good color. Presentation always helps the experience.

Are you using a Kitchenaid mixer? They look nice and are very trendy, but in my opinion, they're highly overrated, precisely for the reason you mention: the beaters don't come close to the bottom of the bowl, leaving large amounts of unbeaten ingredients. I sold mine on eBay and bought a Sunbeam Mixmaster, an updated version of my mother's stand mixer -- problem solved.

All Kitchenaid stand mixers have clearance adjustment screws. You can make the beater as low or as high as you want it.

As for why the cake fell, I haven't personally made cheesecake, but on the topic of souffles, normally, they should not fall until they're ready for serving, as I recall. One problem you may be having is with temperature. That sunken appearance reminds me of when I tried to bake a genoise about 25 degrees higher than normal. The cake rose well initially, but sunk about halfway through baking. Do you use an oven thermometer?

I guess a kitchenaid would be nice but expensive, my wife wants one. I do have a kitchenaid hand mixer that is very useful and cheap enough. Hand mixers rule!!!

Looks like you had a folding issue. for sure.. and An over baking issue. Souffles do collasp but this isnt a real souffle the cheesecake should have come out taller..

ECK whites in teh bottom of the bowl you need to hold the bowl or prop it up More!

Back
Top Bottom