Chocolate Biscuit Cake?!?! plz help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wannabecook

Assistant Cook
Does anyone know the recipe for this cake? I'm not even sure i have the right name but I have a few clues:-
1) I have tried is a few times but the best version I have tried is at a sandwich shop called Nicky's in Manchester, England next door to Kendals, Deansgate town centre.
2) I think it is a no-bake cake. Its kind of flat and cut up into rectangular pieces.
3) I think some of the ingredients are marshmallows, cocoa, chocolate and biscuit and its topped with a bit of icing sugar i think.

If anyone has a clue as to what this receipe could be it would be great to hear from you. It is an amazing cake and me and my gf have had several attempts to guess at it but we still havent got close to what it shud be like. Thanks for reading this message any help wud b much appreciated.
Please reply or email tiborfeb@hotmail.com
thx

Found this on a British site - is this what you're looking for?

Ingredients

300g (12 oz) digestive biscuits

50g (2 oz) dried fruit - raisins or chopped dates

50g (2 oz) flaked almonds

100g (4 oz) margarine

1 rounded tablespoon of golden syrup or maple syrup

100g (4 oz) plain chocolate

Things you will need

square or oblong cake tin

weighing scales

large plastic freezer bag & rolling pin OR electric food mixer

mixing bowl

wooden spoon

metal tablespoon

small pan

kettle

small bowl - a plastic pudding basin is perfect

big bowl - a big plastic bowl or mixing bowl is good

teaspoon

a space in the fridge

Instructions

1) First, wash your hands and lay out all of the things that you will need. Grease your baking tray.

2) Weigh out 300g (12 oz) of biscuits. Put the digestive biscuits into the plastic bag and tie a knot in the top. Bash the biscuits gently with the rolling pin until you have crumbs. (Or put the biscuits in a food mixer to male crumbs.)

3) Put the fruit and nuts into the mixing bowl with the digestive biscuit crumbs.

4) Break the chocolate into squares, and put it into small bowl with the margarine and syrup. Melt them together by putting the bowl into a larger bowl half full of boiling water.

5) Pour the melted margarine and chocolate over the biscuit crumbs and stir with a wooden spoon until all the crumbs are chocolatey.

6) Tip the chocolate biscuit mixture into the greased cake tin. Spread it out evenly and press it down all over with the spoon.

7) Put your chocolate biscuit cake in the fridge for at least an hour. Cut it into about 12 slices.

Back
Top Bottom